Chapter 13 - Toman Vs. Valhalla

"What did you want to talk about?" Baji asks me as Chifuyu and Takemicchi keep their distance.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I look at him with pleading eyes. "We can do something about Kisaki together. Don't become your friends' enemies Baji-san.. please." 

"When you told me you'll work together with Chifuyu and try to convince me, I just thought you were bluffing." He smiles at me.

"Don't smile at me like that!" I shout. "I know why you're doing this... and I can't even do anything to stop you, I'm-

I was about to begin with one of my long rambles when suddenly he pulls my arm and brings me into a hug.

"B..aji-san..?" I let out a startled whisper. He stays silent. Unlike the aggressive side he always shows, his hug feels warm..

.

.

.

"For someone who pushed me away earlier, you sure are taking your time with this hug." I joke after it has been a few minutes. He just laughs at my statement.

"Your stalking skills suck Suzuki." He says while pulling me away from the hug, immediately causing me to frown. "You suddenly got better at hiding from me!" I protest.

"What if I told you that all this time you've been looking for me and wanting to talk, it was actually the other way around?" 

"Eh? What do you mean?" I reply, looking a little confused.

"..."

"Just that your stalking skills suck, so I was doing you a favour by staying at easy to spot places before." He starts laughing.

"Hey! That's so mean!" I pout.

He suddenly brings out his hands in front of me. "I don't have Peyoung Yakisoba today." I say to him confused, while tilting my head.

"No silly, I was asking for your hand." 

"Huh?! Why?" 

"Stop shouting. The two of them will think I'm threatening you or something." He points towards Chifuyu and Takemicchi looking at the two of us from afar. They quickly avert their eyes, as if they were not looking.