Chapter 8: Notebook

"Please don't tell Mom that we sneaked at the library," I gently asked Emma. She glanced back at me. "Ray won't read me a story if Mom found out," I said while fiddling my tiny hands.

"I-I'll try to do it, but do you really like Ray?" Emma asked me, "I mean you're too good for him and you're still a child, maybe you can find someone else when you grow up?" Emma tried to persuade me.

I giggled at her cuteness. This is why I like Emma the most.

"Hmm, I like Ray," I replied. I smirked when Ray flinched. "But I like Emma the most! Do you like Conny as well?" 

"Yes! Of course, I like Conny as well~ She's really really cute," She while pinching my cheeks. "I think we should be together more than Ray, right? right? How about I read you some books tomorrow?"

"Uhuh!"

"Can you please stop talking? Everyone's asleep, are you going to wake them up?" Ray told us. 

"Don't mind him, Conny," Emma said to me.

Emma and Ray stopped walking when we reached our room. Ray turned to Emma, "Go away Emma," He suddenly said. "Give me Conny."

"What? no!"

"Don't tell me you're going to sleep here?" He opened his arms as if asking Emma to give me to him. "I am a prince, right Conny? A prince should carry the princess instead of the fairy godmother"

I almost choked when he said that. He only raised his brows at me.

Geez, he is attacking me back.

In the end, Emma couldn't do anything and gave me to Ray. Her eyes were clearly glaring at Ray when she did that. 

Ray waved his hands, "Go away and sleep, Bye," With resentment in her eyes, Emma left us to go back to her room.

"Bye Emma," I said gently. I waved my hands at her and she glanced back at me.

"Bye, see you later--" Emma didn't finish her words when Ray opened the door and entered. 

He quickly puts me down while glaring at me. "You really know how to play this game huh?" he said as he turned around. "I still won't help you."

"Oi--"

A frown appeared on my face when he laid on his bed.

Stubborn brat! I'll force you if you don't want to!

••••

CLANG!

I and the other kids were startled when Emma placed the plates on the table. Her eyes were glaring at Ray who took a few steps backward when he saw her.

Don and I glanced at each other.

"Good morning Conny!" Emma shouted. She went in my direction and pulled me beside her seat, away from Ray and Norman who are sitting on the other side. "Let's seat here, don't bother them okay? You should stay beside them me."

"Eh...?" I reacted. I glance at Don who was dumbfounded when Emma took me away. "Is Emma mad?" I acted. I hugged the bunny in my hands tightly. "Don't be angry."

But Emma only glared at Ray. 

That's right! Glare at that brat! 

I took a deep sigh as I glanced at the two boys on the other side. Ray is frowning while Norman looks confused, staring at me and Emma. 

"Why are you angry?" Gilda suddenly appeared before Emma. Emma glanced at Gilda, she immediately placed her hands at her shoulder. With a surprised reaction, Gilda uttered, "Emma?"