53. Boys Night

Today it's time for our annual Boys Night. It's a sleepover party hosted by Shawn. All the football guys and everyone from our group will be there. It's usually a night filled with fun. Even though I don't really like parties, I've always enjoyed Boys Night. Maybe because it's much more laid back than normal parties.

It's almost time to go. Aron's sitting by the window, tapping his foot anxiously. He hasn't been doing too well since he quit smoking, which is why he doesn't wanna go to the party. 

I sit on his lap. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go? Maybe it'll distract you." I try.

He sighs. "I don't feel like it, okay? I'm just not in the mood."

I stroke his hair. He leans in and groans into my chest. 

"It'll get better." I encourage. 

He groans again. 

It's kind of funny seeing Aron so whiny. He's usually so calm and controlled. I wonder if that was just the nicotine or if that was all him. 

I grab his face and kiss him gently. 

He pulls away. "Don't kiss me, you'll only make me more frustrated." He complains. 

"You're so dramatic."

"That's your fault." 

He sighs.

"Now go, before I lose control." 

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." I give him a quick kiss. 

"I'm proud of you." I whisper in his ear and I get up and walk out of Aron's apartment. 

When I reach Shawn's house there are already a bunch of cars there. I pull up and park next to Shawn's car. 

The front door's open so I walk right inside. 

"Yo, Sky!" 

All the guys greet me as I walk in. I say hi to everyone and sit down on the large couch. Shawn gives me a quick hug and then he gets up to speak to everyone. 

"Alright. It's time. Is everyone ready for BOYS NIGHT?!" 

The guys all start hollering and cheering. 

The night starts off with the basics, telling stories about sex, telling stories about ghosts, drinking and joking around. 

Two hours later and Shawn pulls out the infamous hat. 

"Ooh.." The guys all go. 

Every year, halfway through the night, Shawn pulls out a hat filled with pieces of colored paper. There are two of the same colored pieces to each room. You have to grab a random one and whoever awaits you in that room is the person you have to spend the night with. It was originally meant to be some sort of team building exercise but a lot of guys usually end up experimenting with each other. It's pretty common, though no one's allowed to talk about it. 

The first group of guys have already left to the rooms. 

Now it's time for the second group to pick the papers out of the hat. 

Mine's blue. 

We all say goodbye to each other for the night and head to the rooms.

I reach the room with a big blue swatch on the door and walk in. When I open the door I almost burst out laughing. The person I am to spend the night with is none other than Jimmy the Gay-hater. He's sitting on the bed with a can of beer in his hand.