9

"I really don't understand your obsession with that guy." The young man scowled at his twin sister, who smirked and pinched his cheek. They entered the apartment that they both shared and he slapped his sister's hand away. "Stop it, I'm not a kid anymore."

"It's not an obsession, per se, I just want to let him know that I exist and put myself in his orbit." She smiled at the thought of that guy. Noah St.Claire. "And judging by his look, I'd say that's a mission accomplished."

"Potayto potahto, still you know how dangerous last night was, barging in unannounced and leaving those puppets there. Just to satisfy your curiosity about those people. If father knows…"

"First of all, he's not our father, and second, I just want to see how good they are at solving puzzles. Are they as good as the man who claimed himself as our father said, or are they just exaggerating stories made out of that man's unreasonable fear. And I was curious. I saw you by the way, looking at him like that, I think you're curious too."

"Forgive my slip of tongue, but you should not be that frontal toward him. After all, he was the one who brought us up. And yes I admit that I'm curious about them."

"See? Big sister always knows best. And that man raised us by throwing us into vampires and werewolves' nests by the time we took our first step."

"Well, at least you know what he's capable of doing."

"Don't worry, baby bro, I will take care of things without him ever finding out that it was me all along. I just couldn't wait to see his expression when his plans are blowing into smithereens."

"I do hope you really know what you're doing, sis. Otherwise, we're as good as dead."

"Hey, don't be such a pessimist, do you think that I haven't found out the way to disarm those pesky little shits he planted inside us to assure our loyalty?"

"You mean, you've found a way to disarm the bombs?"

"Hell yeah, after all, I already masked the signal of the GPS trackers he put into us so he wouldn't know about our little trip tonight. Am I good or what?" She playfully punched her brother's arm as she took a can of cold beer out of the fridge and drank it. "The only problem is, we're going to need a safe room to do it, in case anything goes awry."

"That's why you scouted the containment room." 

"Bingo. Now if we could just find a way to sneak into that room." She threw the empty can into the trash and took her mask. "Now, it's time to show our faces to the newbies."

The warehouse was located in the cul-de-sac with all the surrounding buildings as parking lots. It was dark and inconspicuous if not for a couple of huge beastmen with tattoos were patrolling around it and another two were moving around the premises to check for irregularities. Although it was quiet, the main attraction was the one located underground of that warehouse, the illegal fight club which accommodated not only human, but any species, monsters, demons, aliens, everyone was allowed here, and that's where only the strong could survive. The stakes were high, but the payout was even higher. The winner of the life and death match would be rewarded by the huge sum of money, and would be given a miracle drug where it said that it could wake even the dead, and healed the wounds in just a mere seconds. They did not realize that they were just test subjects to find out about the flaws of the drug, and no one told them about the loss of one's mind after getting killed a few times, which made them the perfect puppets.

At the top of the fight arena there was an office where Meng Yao was doing his accounting things. He didn't dare to make any mistakes since he knew exactly how bad his employee's temper would be if they found out about any slight mistake.

Sitting right next to him was Meng Airan, who sprawled her legs wide while she played around with her butterfly knife. She noticed that their boss' brats were late and she couldn't help but badmouth them. She hated those two pesky brats with their colorful masks and overconfident attitude like they owned the world. Hell, with those skinny bodies, she bet she could take them down in ten seconds flat.

"Why are you so afraid of them? You didn't even want to take the serum for yourself. You should though, I'm telling you, the feeling was out of this world, I feel invincible, I could easily take down those two brats like this." She snapped her fingers in a smug expression in front of Meng Yao's face. She really did believe that because as far as she knew, those brats did not even take the serum, and she felt stronger ever since she had won quite a few fights in the ring, against human and beastmen. She had such brute strength and she didn't hesitate to use it on other people like a bully that she was.

"Will you please keep your opinion to yourself? I'm not interested in the way you view yourself. You should remember your place and be grateful." Meng Yao knew that his sister had a narcissistic personality disorder, he just didn't realize that it was to the extent that she looked down at everyone like they were not worthy of her. And that nasty streak of her sexual preference also didn't help. It disgusted him, but he couldn't do anything since she was his sister.

"One of these days, I'll challenge that bitch to a one on one fight in the ring, and everyone shall see who's the real winner is." She smiled in a smug manner, imagining how she would pulverize that skinny bitch and make her beg for mercy in front of everyone, and maybe, she would have the chance to be the top brass here. And imagine the humiliation that bitch would suffer if she lost to her, and the prestige she herself would get.

"Hmm, you really think so?" 

Both Meng Yao and Meng Airan jumped to the sudden reply of Meng Airan's self boast. They saw the twins, one in a neon pink gas mask and the other in a neon green gas mask, were already inside the office. They did not know when they came and how much of Meng Airan's crazy rants they heard. Suddenly Meng Yao had a very very bad premonition and he was sweating bullets.

"Morrigan, please, I am sorry, it was just a joke, my sister was just joking when she said that, please ignore her." He pleaded with Morrigan, the woman in a pink gas mask.

"But I don't think that she was joking though, what do you think, Neit?" She tilted her head to the man in a neon green gas mask in question.

Of all the two people, Morrigan had the nastier temper. She could kill people, or monsters, or anyone who displeased her, while Neit was more indifferent, although no less vicious.

"Do whatever you want." He sighed. No matter what he said, she would probably not listen anyway, so unless she went on a rampage, he would let her do whatever she wanted. Besides, he didn't like this Meng Airan. Maybe a lesson would do her good.

"Good. Tell the ringmaster I'll fight against her in the next round."