Boredem ~ Ch75

Author-San whispers: Please read the note at the end of the chapter that will explain the ending of this book and the start of my next!

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

Breakfast fortunately by without a hitch. Geto took me to a lovely café that served the most delicious sandwiches that in fact Geto decided to purchase a few more for takeaway that I could eat later. As calm as Geto may have been during our breakfast, I could feel that he was itching for a fight- begging for something to happen so that he could draw blood. The emotions he was giving off were unexplainable yet I still understood that he craved to bring death.

Currently Geto was warping me back to their base, a place that I honestly didn't want to go back to so quickly. That place was different to staying at hotel everynight before going to train with Yuuji and Satoru during the day. Back with the Jujustu sorcerers, I had a near-sighted goal that I could work towards. But here, I felt kind of useless.

Of course, I was still working towards my goal of helping Sukuna free himself from his attatchment to Yuuji and after to that, helping Sukuna possibly take over the world if he felt like it. But what was I doing from now untill then? I had no daily purpose that needed me to get out of bed other than to just train and wait for an opportunity to present itself. I hadn't been doing it for long but waiting was just plain boring.

"You're back!" Mahito greeted, smiling as me and Geto walked through the door. I bowed as I entered, my eyes flickering around the room for an empty chair that I could sit on. As I searched, I realised that most chairs were filled by the three brothers who were in the middle of what seemed to be a heated card game.

"I see that you're all still here. I expected you all to be halfway through raiding the streets of Tokyo by now." Geto chuckled as he walked through the room, seeming to head towards the door at the back of the living room.
"Me and my brothers went out for a bit after you left. We returned not to long ago." Choso told him, keeping his activities with his brothers a secret to us all.

"I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Now if you three would come outside with me, we can talk over today's objective." Geto explained, opening the doors to the back garden and hokding it open for all three brothers who one by one went through. Soon enough, Geto closed the doors behind them and began talking to them.

Now I was left alone in the dimly lit living room, leaving me in a puddle of my own thoughts. With a sigh, I marched over to the sofa and flopped ungraciously onto my back like a tired bunny. A pout briefly spread on my face as I thought about my current predicament.

Would this be my life for the next few weeks or even months? Would I just always be so bored because I was so clearly not trusted by anyone for them to reveal their plans to me? Either that or they thought I was still too weak? Either way, this was just not fair. I wanted to do something-something worthwhile. Anything to strip away this bordem.

"Hey little dove, you wanna get back to training tomorow?" Mahito asked cheerily as he entered the room again, sitting down beside my head on the only empty space of the sofa. Sighing at his words, I nodded at him without even thinking about it.
"Yeah, sure. It's not like I have anything better to do." I replied, staring up at the ceiling with a emotionless gaze.

"You're bored, huh?" Mahito mused, swinging his arm to rest on the back of the couch as he stared down at me with amusement. He had probably never seen me look so spiritless before. I only let myself nod at the man, knowing that no words I told him would change how correct his statement was.

But then I realised how rude I must be looking, the mannered princess inside me not allowing me to just stay silent.
"Not that I'm ungrateful for your help or anything. I just feel like that there's just been nothing that I can offer here." I told him softly, truthfully speaking my mind.
Mahito hummed at my dilemma, placing a finger on his chin as he thought about it.

"Why don't you help with tonights mission? From what I heard, you may even be able to fight Itadori." Mahito told me, making me perk up slighty. I began to sit up from my relaxed position, now sitting directly beside Mahito.
"Fight Itadori?" I said slowly, copying his words as I tried to make sense of them. Why would he think the fact that I could fight Yuuji would encourage me to join the mission?

"Yeah, why not? You don't have to pretend to like them now or anything so why not use them to satisfy your bordem?" He asked me with a nonchalant shrug. Gulping at his words, I turnt my gaze to my lap as I thought about his words.
"I..." I trailed off, loosing the confidence to speak since I still didn't know what to say. I didn't want to fight Yuuji, that was for sure.

"Great! I'll tell Geto that you'll be joining Eso and Kechizu!" The stitched spirit said cheerfully, launching out of his seat in excitement. The man began running towards the doors that Geto and the brothers left from, a childish grin spread on his face as he picked up the pace.
"Wait I-" I cut myself off the moment Mahito was out of sight, on the other side of those sliding doors.

Huffing at the man's quite obvious intentions, I slid back down onto the sofa in a new slouched position. It's not that I was worried about fighting Yuuji or seeing him again, it the fact that Sukuna would see me working alongside Yuuji's enemy- And I wasn't ready to reveal my plan to use these villains to him yet. He wouldn't understand now, only once my plan succeeded would he get it.

It wasn't long before Mahito came prancing back into the room again but this time with everyone else hot on his tail. They seemed to have finished their secret discussion.
"He said yes!" Mahito cheered, offering me a thumbs up that made me in return offer him a nervous smile.
"That's...great." I muttered, probably showing my distaste towards this sudden change of plans.

But this was what I wanted was it not? To be included on these missions just like everyone else here? Yes, but I hadn't realised it could very well expose me to Sukuna in the process.
"Well, I guess you'll be joining us later on. We should meet here at nightfall." Eso told me with a friendly nod, making me nod back to him.

"For now, me and Kechizu will be heading out. We shouldn't let such a beautiful day go to waste." Eso said ominously with a smile. Kechizu grinned and nodded enthusiastically before bolting through the door, leaving his older brother to follow. I was trying to get a last look at them before they left but was stopped as a hand gently turned my face the other way.

I jumped at the sight of the oldest brother sitting beside me, not having made a sound as he sat. His hands were cold yet there was something warm about him that I didn't quite get.
"My brother is very insecure about his back. It's best for you not to look at it. He would kill you." Choso muttered to me, an emotionless look on his face as he spoke.

With a gulp, I nodded at the noirette's words and turned me attention to the pieces of chess that Choso began arranging beside me.
"Would you like to play chess with me?" He asked without looking up. As I cleared my throat, I nodded.
"Sure." I agreed, watching how Mahito and Geto sat comfortably on the otherside of the room whie smirking.

They had yet to tell me the objective of this mission and I had a feeling that I wouldn't ever be told. I would just have to figure it out myself. I also knew that this so called mission would 100% be the opposite of smooth sailing.

(A.N ~ So I know alot of you are sad about this book coming to an end. And trust me, I would love to keep it going forever. But I don't read the manga and I know alot of my readers don't either. And for this book to continue, I would need content in which I could only get once season 2 is released. Which is basically me telling you that there will be a book 2 once season 2 has been released. In the meantime, when this book finishes I will be starting a Satoru Gojo book which will be a spin off from Past life Toru and Y/n + Reincarnation theme. I'm really exited for that book since it's going to be nothing like this one despite it having the origin story in common. Once the next chapter is released, I'll share the trailer for that book with you all!)

P.S after the Satoru book is finished, I'll be doing a Sukuna/Itadori x reader book after it! So keep up to date with my writing by following me so that you'll be the first to know about those books!

Our Heart - Finale Quote Teaser :

"(Y/n)- what? Itadori, you've been yapping on about (Y/n) this whole fight."