Wildflower

Without conscious direction, I ended up in the locker room. It was probably all for the best as Ji Hyuk oppa was relaxing on one of the beanbags, his eyes glued to his phone. He looked up in surprise.

And I burst into tears.

Ae Ra unnie had followed me there as well.

"What happened?" He inquired, getting up, looking from me to her and back again.

"I did something h-h-horrible!" I sobbed. He put an arm around me, trying to comfort me. Ae Ra exchanged looks with him.

I broke down completely. "Aigoo...it's okay..." Ae Ra unnie stroked my head.

I finally told them everything. How I felt about him, how I felt about us, and how I felt pathetic with myself.

After I finished, Ji Hyuk oppa gave me a bottle of water.

"I don't know what to do anymore," I said after my sobs had subsided. "Ugh, this is so embarrassing..." I groaned.

"You got it out of your head, hakseng," Ae Ra said.

"Yeah, well, I'd be lying if I said I don't feel a little better," I added, "but it's a MESS."

I took a deep breath and mumbled, "I wish we were two ordinary people. I don't know if I can take on the world for him." I laughed at how dramatic the last sentence sounded.

Ji Hyuk Oppa took a deep breath before saying, "Y/Naa. I know I said to not date him that day, but I only said it because I didn't want you to pursue him unless you really meant it," he paused, "I think you do mean it. And you have every right to be afraid. But don't forget that both of you have people watching your backs." I opened my mouth to interrupt him but he cut me off. "Yes, you do too. If he has his hyungs and staff, you have us. We look after our own."

I was too choked to say anything at that.

"All I want to say is, if you know what you're doing, you might as well do it. Suppressing one's emotions can backfire worse than acting upon them."

"Yah, Oppa! You're telling me this now?" I snorted. "And wait - what do you mean you told me to not date him that day?" I asked, puzzled. Had the story about a friend and a trainee not worked then?

"It was pretty obvious you were talking about him." Oppa shrugged. I turned to Ae Ra. "Unnie, don't tell me you guessed too?" She hadn't looked exactly shocked when I told them about Jungkook and me. "I mean, we know you both, so it was obvious for us."

My jaw dropped in shock. "You could have said something, you know!"

"I didn't want to overstep." Unnie said softly.

"And him?" I asked.

"He was pretty up front about it after a while - he kept requesting me to bring you around for the most random reasons." she giggled.

"So you literally knew everything. This is so embarrassing!" I groaned.

Unnie boxed my ears. "He's smarter than you are. Because he knows when to ask for advice!" she spoke with indignation. "When in trouble, talk to me. Us. Asking for help isn't embarrassing, neither is crying," then she added a little gently, "I know you like to do everything by yourself, but you don't have to go through life alone. You shouldn't. That's the point of having friends - and of being with someone."

I hung my head. I realized how lucky I was to have these two sitting beside me.

"He probably hates me by now, doesn't he?" I buried my face in my hands as I spoke.

"Just go talk to him." Oppa said.

"Take some time to think if you need - but then yes, talk to him. He deserves that at least, don't you think so?" Unnie added.