Chapter 26

"Well, thank you. We'll just go," Harry said nervously as they backed away from the massive spider named Aragog, hundreds of other spiders that were slightly smaller than the humungous arachnid.

"Go?" Aragog's deep voice rumbled, almost as if he was laughing, Ron's face completely frozen in terror. "I think not. My son's and daughter's do not harm Hagrid upon my command," he explained as the boys slowly backed away from the spider. "But I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst. Goodbye, friend of Hagrid."

"Can we panic now?" Ron whimpered as the spiders came closer, Harry hitting away a couple with his lantern.

"Know any spells?" Ron cried as the two stood back-to-back in the dark forest, spiders closing in on them as they pulled out their wands.

"One. But it's not powerful enough for all of them."

"Where's Hermione when you need her?" Ron asked, and the spiders were almost on top of them.

They were going to die.

"INCENDIO!" screamed a voice as fire raged around them, flames spewing from the tip of Leona's wand as she flew through the trees on her broom.

"Lena!" Ron cried in relief as he saw his sister.

"Incendio!" came a male voice as Fred appeared, fire sparking from his wand as well as the spiders screamed, moving away from the protective ring of flames that now surrounded the boys.

"Fred!" Harry called in relief.

And over the sound of the flames, they heard the sound of an engine revving as the Weasley's blue Ford Anglia appeared and Fred's twin jumped out, broomstick in hand.

"And George!" he exclaimed as he shoved them both inside. "Get out. We'll take care of the spiders," he said before taking to the skies.

"RON! DRIVE!" Leona ordered as she dodged the spiders that were still falling from the webs high above the trees, and the engine groaned as Ron pressed his foot to the floor, the twins lighting a path of fire for them to drive down as Leona fended off the spiders.

The car, however, threw Ron and Harry out before driving back into the Forbidden Forest, leaving them on the grassy land by Hagrid's hut as Leona and the twins landed, bodies covered in sweat and a look of anger on her face.

"You better have a brilliant explanation as to why you were in the Forbidden Forest, Ronald Weasley, or else mum will have your head," she warned, hands on her hips as she was flanked by the twins who wore equally as angered expressions with their arms crossed over their chests.

"They took Hagrid to Azkaban on charges that he was the one who petrified all those muggle-borns, and Aragog, that spider just proved that Hagrid was innocent. He never opened the Chamber of Secrets," Harry blurted, Ron nodding furiously in agreement.

The trio of older teenagers seemed to soften at their explanation, Leona more so at the mention of the prison her father was currently locked inside of.

"Lena, you alright?" Fred asked softly as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Fine," she said as she walked off, heading back for the dorms at a brisk walk, borderline running.

"Is she alright?" Harry asked and Ron grimaced. He knew that her father was in Azkaban, but he didn't know that he was innocent.

The twins sighed.

"We won't tell mum what happened," George said.

"Just, whatever it is you're doing, be careful," Fred cautioned before he ran after Leona, George sighed as he jumped on his broom and flew back to the castle. 

******************************************************************

"Lena," Fred called as he found her hugging her knees as she sat in an armchair in front of the fire in the common room. "Lena," he said softer as he knelt down in front of her.

"I remember him," she whispered, eyes glossy as she looked into the fire. "I remember the feel of his beard on my face when he hugged me. I remember the sound of his voice as he said my name. I remember the way his hand covered the entirety of my tiny one. I remember my dad. And he was a good person and a good dad. And it kills me, it tears me up on the inside to know that he's innocent and that there is nothing that I can do to prove he is. I've tried. But there is nothing I can do. He rots in Azkaban instead of being here and being my father, for a crime he didn't commit. It's not fair Freddy," she cried, and Fred's heart broke for her.

"Come here," he said as he pulled her down to sit in his arms, head resting on his chest as she sobbed.

And after letting her cry a while as he rubbed her back and pressed kisses to her hair, Fred moved Leona's head to face him as he used his thumb to gently wipe the tears from under her eyes.

"Listen to me," he said. "There is literally nothing I have seen you fail at. You can do anything you put your mind to. I have absolutely no doubt that that incredibly smart mind of yours will find a way to free your father. Everything will be alright Lena."

She shuddered in his arms as she took a huge breath, hugging him tighter to her.

"I'm glad I have you, Freddy."

"And you're not going to lose me," he promised as he brought her lips to his before just holding her.

She really didn't know what she would do without Fred. He was her constant. Her anchor. Her best friend.