Chapter 15: Feeling stir crazy

Three days have passed since my grounding to the castle along with my title being stripped. Not going to lie, it feels weird staying here without being given a job. When Kikimora first saw me since I flew away, she was at first shock but then she glared at me with murderous intent. Of course she never changed. And being here for so long may makes me feel stir crazy but on the bright side I'm finally getting the rest I want. Hell, I looked in the mirror and my eye bags are gone. Never felt so rested.

But still, I kind of miss doing those jobs for Belos. Doing those jobs made me feel important but being reduced to some kid staying in a castle just feels worthless. 

As I walk throughout the halls and eventually near my uncle's room, I hear him talking, but to who? I know, I know. I should really mind my own business but sometimes I wonder what he does throughout the days and now I wonder whenever I hear him talk to someone, will he mention me? Talk about how I might get my privileged title back? I'm a little desperate at times.

Unfortunately my curiosity overwhelms me, causing me to silently tiptoe to the slightly open door. I could only hear him talking in murmurs when away from the door but it's still unclear right now. Talking to a painting of two figures who I can't see as they're blocked by Belos. Wish I could understand what in the hell he was saying.

No. Gotta be more realistic. Why would he talk about my situation to a painting- "Hunter? You're lurking again?" I sigh in nervousness... Why couldn't I just control my curiosity? I walk slowly and nervously into the room with my eyes to the floor and hearing my uncle turn himself around. "When sneaking in the darkness while I was trying to use that door, I wasn't angry but now you've done it the second time. As your uncle and emperor you should be respectful of me. And eavesdropping isn't very respectful. You think you can make up to me like this? And with that broken key you brought back?" He steps closer which makes me look down by nervous instinct as I also step back.

"Stay still and actually look at me when I talk to you." My legs stop moving and my eyes quickly but painfully look up to meet his soft looking eyes. He always looks so gentle but that's so unnerving to me. "I actually thought you were better than this." He grounds me for blasting him with magic then running away but now is he going to give me another scar for eavesdropping? 

My mind flashes back to that house of The Owl Lady. Back when I met Edric. Thinking about it soothes my mind in a way as I wait for whatever happens next.