Chapter 1: Deja Vu (part 1)

Uneasiness filled the room as they stared at the man

Uneasiness filled the room as they stared at the man. Chanyoung had a wide grin on his face, amused at their reaction.

"Oh, don't let me ruin the fun." Chanyoung said with a frown. He waved his hands. "Continue your festives, I'll just be a guest like the others. No need to treat me any differently."

It was clear that Jaehyun was hesitant but like the others, were curious as to what Chanyoung wanted. His teeth were gritted but he still nodded to Haechan.

Haechan, on the other hand, was eager to get Chanyoung away from his home as soon as possible. With one look at his son though, the King of Feu held his anger in, nodding to the musicians in the corner.

Slowly, the music began playing again and the guests continued on, their action showing that they were more alert than before. Despite this, Jungwoo seemed to still be frozen in place, eyes on Chanyoung. Grace softly patted his shoulder, reminding him that she was still there.

"I don't know what he's up to but he's not hurting anyone for now." Grace whispered softly into his ear, hoping to help him relax.

Jungwoo turned his body towards her but he remained on high alert, still staring at the man.

"Everyone else might be alright with that, but I don't want to wait and find out whether it will remain that way or not."

...

Jingwen watched as Chanyoung tried to engage in conversation with her husband, failing miserably. Winwin wasn't one to talk to strangers, and Chanyoung definitely wasn't someone either of them wanted to engage with.

"So you're not the talkative type, huh?" Chanyoung asked, staring at the King of Eis. "Or is there something wrong with engaging with me?"

Jingwen watched as Winwin clenched his teeth, clearly angered by Chanyoung. She decided to step in before a fight broke out. "I apologize for my husband's behaviour. He's not a big fan of chatting with people he's unfamiliar with."

"Oh I see." Chanyoung said, nodding his head. A smirk soon grew on his face and Jingwen grabbed onto Winwin's hand, slightly hiding behind him in fear. "I thought he was mad that my creatures have taken up your land. Quite a shame for your daughter to find her home all abandoned."

Winwin was squeezing her hand so hard, Jingwen was positive that she was losing circulation. Thankfully, she met Lina's eyes from across the room, sending a silent signal for help.

A few seconds later, Lina and Chenle had arrived at the group, the First Lady of Dealain stepping forward.

"I would like to introduce myself and my husband, Zhong Chenle. We're the current rulers of Dealain." Lina told Chanyoung.

Jingwen didn't need to waste anymore time, quickly dragging Winwin away while she could. Once they were out of earshot, she turned towards the male. "Dong Sicheng, what are you doing?"

"He makes me angry." Winwin simply replied, staring into Jingwen's eyes with a dark intensity to them. "I don't know what game he's trying to play but I want it to end."

"We can't act rashly." Jingwen reminded him. "We have a kingdom to lead and a daughter to take care of. What would Jingsi do without her father?"

"You make it sound like I can't take him." Winwin said, his voice low and full of anger. Jingwen noticed sparks dancing along his hand, his electricity powers beginning to form.

She placed a hand on his arm, reminding him of where they were. "You saw what he did to Taeyong and Jaehyun and they're the two strongest fighters we know."

"They had no vare and they just came back from the dead. I'm positive that I can do a better job." Winwin argued.

"Maybe you'll land more damage but I doubt that you'll be able to defeat him."

The couple turned their heads at the voice to see Jaehyun there, leaning against a table. He stood straight, stepping towards them.

"He's here to ruin your day, Jaehyun. Don't you want him gone?" Winwin asked, eyes landing on Jaehyun.

"Trust me, I want him gone as much as you all do." Jaehyun told them. "But I'm not stupid. We're not ready to fight him and we shouldn't act rashly."

"Suit yourself." Winwin said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I'm not exactly eager to wait and see what happens but this is your wedding not mine."

Winwin didn't wait for Jaehyun to respond, walking away. Jaehyun called out to him but gave in, not wanting to make a scene.

"I'll talk to him, don't worry." Jingwen reassured Jaehyun, who looked quite stressed from the situation. He was running his fingers through his hair, taking deep breaths.

"Thanks, that means a lot." Jaehyun said, nodding his head.

Jingwen smiled. "This is your wedding day, you should spend it with Haesoo."

Jaehyun chuckled, shaking his head. "I should but at this point, I think she's more excited to begin planning Grace's wedding."

If it ever happens, Jingwen thought, glancing at where Chanyoung now was, chatting with Shuyu and Yangyang.

...

Chanyoung honestly terrified Shuyu. His aura was dark, darker than anyone Shuyu had ever met. Even when Yuta was at his darkest stage, it was nothing like this. There was something off about the man and Shuyu just couldn't exactly place it.

"I can take him down if you want." Yuta offered, staring at Chanyoung as he spoke with Yangyang and Shotaro. "He's unarmed, it won't be that hard."

"You will do no such thing." Shuyu commanded, disgusted with the thought. "This is a wedding, Yuta. Don't forget that."

"He almost killed Jaehyun and Taeyong." Yuta scoffed. "You think he's going to leave this wedding without harming anyone?"

"I'd like to think so, considering who's here." Shuyu reminded him. "The most powerful people of all the realms are here."

"So if they're going to sit here and do nothing, you're going to do the same." Yuta rolled his eyes. "Sounds like a great plan."

Shuyu was tempted to smack some sense into Yuta, taking a deep breath as she calmed herself down. "Mark and Jisun are here. If the King and Queen of Orenda wanted to take action, they would do so."

"Suit yourself." Yuta said, shrugging his shoulders. "You can continue to make small talk with the most dangerous man in Orenda's history."

Shuyu ignored Yuta, letting him move away from the group as she focused back on Chanyoung, taking a deep breath.

Just smile and pretend that you're willing to listen, Shuyu told herself before returning to Yangyang's side.

———————————————————————————
My mom shut my update alarm off -.-