Chapter Three

Scarlett POV

Once we got home, I immediately went to check on Gram.

I knocked on her door and slowly opened it, the room was dark.

I walked to her bed and noticed her sleeping. I gently placed my hand on her forehead.

'She has a fever' Catherine, my cat, said.

'Yeah I know' I replied worriedly.

I went downstairs and grabbed some medicine for her, Tyler glanced up at me from the couch in the living room and a worried expression was placed on his face.

I gave him a comforting smile and walked back up stairs into her room.

I gently shook her and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Gram, I brought you some medicine" I whispered.

She gave me a small smile and took the medicine.

"I think I'm going to stay home for today" I said taking the medicine away from her and placing it on the night stand.

She looked at me with one of her famous 'Are You Crazy' looks and said "I'm fine darling, its just a fever. It'll go down soon don't worry about me."

I nodded my head and walked out of her room.

'Should we go Catherine' I asked.

'I don't know she looked really sick. But the medicine should help her so i guess we should. Plus she'll kick our butts if she finds out we stayed here' Catherine answered with a little chuckle in the end.

I laughed and entered my room to get ready.

'Hey why were you all quiet when Rachael's dog was around us' I asked curiously.

Once again she stayed quiet.

'Okay, FINE then don't talk to me' I said trying to act butt-hurt.

'Can we talk to your sister this weekend?'Catherine asked.

The room suddenly got silent and I could feel my anger rising.

I walked to the closet and picked out a random pair of clothes.

'Why do you want to talk to her?' I asked trying to hid the anger in my voice.

Catherine immediately noticed it and sighed.

'Please Scarlett we have to I can't explain this alone' she pleaded.

I started stripping my cloths off and put on some skinny jeans and a shirt that said 'Free and wild' with a lot of different colors.

'I don't want to see her Catherine! ' I yelled.

'Please Scarlett, we have to' Catherine begged.

'What does this have to do with Rachael's dog?'

'He's your mate Scarlett!',Catherine yelled back 'And I don't know how to explain it.'

'My mate?' I was whispered shocked 'You mean the thing that Lizzy left with. The man that she ran off with after we lost Mom and Dad, that kind of mate?'

'Please Scarlett you don't understand the meaning of mate-'

'Maybe I don't want to' I snapped back.

'Scarlett please listen to me' She begged.

I heard a honk outside my house, I looked at the clock on my wall. It was already 4:40, it must be Sky.

'Can we talk about this later?' i asked Catherine.

'Yeah I guess so' she replied.

I walked out of my room and slowly entered Grams room, she was already sleeping so I gently kissed her cheek and walked out of her room, slowly closing the door.

"Tyler take care of Lui and Gram. If anything happens call me and don't get too noisy, Gram is sleeping."

Tyler looked up from the couch annoyed "I get it, now leave. We don't want you here."

I rolled my eyes at him and walked out of the house.

I entered Sky's car, her older brother Christian was driving it.

"Hey Christian thanks for the ride" I said smiling.

"Yeah, no problem."

The ride there was noisy, Christian and Sky were arguing and I was laughing.

But I couldn't get Catherine's words out of my head. How can I have a mate without knowing what the word meant?