Chapter 2

I'm enjoying writing this book. I hope you enjoy reading it as much. Thank you Onecia4905 for voting.

Unedited 23/08/2021

Until her father came back from Iran. Her mother was shocked. She had received information from the relevant authorities ten years ago that her father was dead and there were no remains to bury. She cried day and night. She could not believe that the man she loved so much... Loved so much was gone. She was now a single mother. Her baby was going to grow up without a father.

She was in the country illegally. He wanted to marry her before he went to Iran. She convinced him to wait until he came back. A way of telling him he has to come home to her alive because she was waiting on him to marry her.

Five years after she met Jason, not long after came baby Josh. Two years after came baby Kemeisha. Jesreen's father was not the man she remembers. He was cold, mean, and very angry. The warm gentle man he was disappeared in Iran. Or was it after he came home and find out that things were not what he was expecting them to be? She was not sure. He had it hard, he had to fight hard to serve in the enemy's prison.

All he could think about was finding his way home to his little girl and his beautiful Megan. That was the only thing that kept him sane. Only to come home and find his Magen involved with someone else. They had two kids together and his baby was all grown up. He missed out on so much and now he can't just pick up and move on. When he saw all that, he contacted the immigration office and report that an illegal citizen living in his neighborhood with two kids. Jason was on one of his extended business trips in Jamaica.

They put Megan, four years old Josh, and two years old Kemeisha on the plane and send them back home. To a country, Magen has not seen in almost twenty years. Megan and Jason discussed marriage more than once but never set a date.

Jesreen's father lost himself in the bottles for the past year. Jesreen was torn between the pain of her father causing her mother the be deported and the pain she knew her father felt seeing the love of his move on. She stayed with him. She tries her best not to hate him, but he made it very hard for her not to. He was always mean and verbally abusive. He was always trashing her mother.  Whenever she tries to defend her, he would storm out of the house, only to come back a day or two too drunk he can hardly walk.

She could not take it any longer. She had to move on, especially now that she has someone depending on her. Jesreen was surprised to feel her pillow wet. She did not even know she was crying. She curled up with her hand over her belly and fell asleep.

Her 5:30 alarm woke her up. She wanted to leave early wanting to cover most of the remaining journey that day. She was going to stop and get something to eat on the road. She knew she was going to have to take better care of her body. The baby deserves that much... HER baby deserves that much. After she cover a few miles, she stopped for breakfast and used the restroom.

She wondered if her father missed her as yet. If he saw the letter she left him, or if he even went home last night. She loves him, she does but she can't deal with his behavior anymore. After breakfast  Jesreen hit the road again, not stopping until a little after one. She was not hungry, but she remembers vowing to take better care of her baby this morning.

She pulled over to a Mexican restaurant to have her favorite, 'Chicken Tortilla soup'. her mother would make it for her at least once per week. More if she was going through a rough time. She remembers her father loved it as well, but his favorite is Mexican rice. Jason did not like any Mexican food at all, even though he spent so much time in Jamaica and the food was just as spicy. She walked around a little, she knew she was not going to stop again until about 6 pm.

She put in a Withney Huston cd hoping that it would take her mind off her present situation, but it did not help much. She had to stop for gas, had two-bathroom breaks, and was pulled over by a highway patrol. She did not reach the motel she had planned to stay at until a little before 6:30 pm. Just like the night before, she booked a room, grabbed something to eat, and cry herself to sleep. The next morning, she had breakfast before she left. She hoped to reach the small suburb on the outskirts of Huston by noon.