Chapter 28: Grace

We got to the tattoo parlor quickly. River handed me a jacket because it was cold. He put his arm around me as we walked into the shop.

River looked around with me as Finn talked to his buddy. River pointed out where a tattoo would hurt the most and least on my body.

River stood in the room with me as the guy started prepping my skin.

River was talking to the man as I settled in the seat. I didn't want my family to know I got a tattoo just yet and River approves of this tattoo because he's the only one that was going to see it.

My rib cage was where I was getting the tattoo.
River banished the boys from the room because I had to be in my bra for the tattoo without my shirt. Basically naked.

The guy started on the tattoo and River continued staring directly at me.

"What?" I ask. " does it not hurt to you?" He rose his brows. " not really, is it supposed to?" I was contemplating whether I should fake the pain to make him feel better.

" it's a bunch of needles sticking you, it hurts."
"N-needles?" I start to freak out. " River you freaked her out." The tattoo artist pulled away.

River cursed himself and then picked me up and sat down on the tattoo chair, he placed me back on the chair but this time on his lap. He let me straddle him as the artist continued. I smiled at him as he kissed my nose.

I buried my face on his neck as he whispered nothings into my ear.

" Woah there she is!" Logan said as River and I walked out of the room. " let's see!"
I lifted my shirt and revealed the butterflies on my rib cage.

 " let's see!" I lifted my shirt and revealed the butterflies on my rib cage

" look at you birthday girl." Logan gave me a high five. " I love it!"
" let's go get cake," Robert said as we walked out.

" I can't stop looking at it!" I told River. " baby you have to put your shirt back down at some point."
I let the shirt go and covered the tattoo again. "right."

They took me to Baskin and Robbin's and Finn had his arm draped over me.

" ok listen.." Finn said to the cashier. "Our friend here is 18 today and we only have a few hours left until her birthday is over so we need an ice cream cake asap." I whispered something into Finn's ear and he nodded. " and make sure there are sprinkles."