medusa

Kaya Scodelario as Kaia Beller

i was sitting at my vanity applying my signature cherry chapstick when i heard a quiet knock on my door

i was sitting at my vanity applying my signature cherry chapstick when i heard a quiet knock on my door. i opened it and there was wanda looking a bit worried.

"cap wanted a meeting with all of us, it sounds really serious."  she said while grabbing my arm and rushing me down the hall towards the living room.

"is everything okay?" i asked while taking wanda's hand off my arm and walking on my own.

"no, something happened." i heard steve's voice and saw him, natasha, vision, and sam wilson walk towards me.

i widened my eyes and sat down on a chair in the living room, everyone else did too. clint, rhodey, tony and pietro came into the room.

tony sat up and walked towards a table, he presented a photo of a woman, a scary looking woman, with long dark brown hair, blue and red eyes, cracked skin that looked like it was shedding?

"is her skin..shedding?" i asked as i was observing the photo. clint snickered and i grinned.

"her name is kaia beller, if you look at her in the eyes you'll turn to stone." steve informed and i realized something.

"so she's basically medusa?" rhodey asked while crossing his legs and stroking his chin with his hand.

"basically, and she has been turning a lot of people in new york city to stone. we have to stop her." steve said and his voice echoed in my head.

~

"kai! come on we have to take turns. my mommy and your mommy will be mad." i said as i pushed her on the swing. "just a few more swings al!"

as she was on the swing her sun glasses fell off she took her hands off of the chains to cover her eyes and fell off. "help! i lost my glasses."  she yelled and groaned in pain after hitting the wood chips on the ground.

i panicked and stopped the swing and looked for her sun glasses.

alice!

alice..hello?

~

"earth to alice?!"

i lifted my head and saw clint talking to me, i looked around the room and saw pietro looking at me with a "are you okay?" look. i stood up and put a strand of hair behind my ear.

"excuse me." i said softly and walked away fast and went to the nearest bathroom i found. i shut the door and ran the faucet and washed my face.

i stood in the mirror looking at myself breathing heavily. i cant believe kaia is doing this. she's a good person. she would never hurt people intentionally.

i heard the doorknob shift and the door slowly opened. i turned my head to see who was there and it was pietro.

without hesitation i speed walked over to him and just hugged him. he didn't even have to say anything to make me feel better.

"hey, hey, it's okay. i'm here." he said quietly and stroked my hair. "she was my friend." i sobbed into his shoulder.

~

a few hours later the avengers discussed kaia's whereabouts and the plan.

i saw everyone surrounded around a table with photos, files and a whole lot of information about kaia.

i knew something they didn't. i had to tell them, it would help them a lot.

i walked up to the table and stood next to nat and wanda. "if you want everyone that was turned to stone back to normal, you have to kill her." i said with a little hesitation, i mean she was my childhood best friend. everyone looked at me for a second and there was an uncomfortable silence.

"okay, thanks for telling us alice." natasha said while smiling and squeezing my hand. i had a feeling pietro told them that kaia was my friend.

kaia was on ellis island. turning tourists into stone by the second. we arrived on a quinjet, everyone except banner and thor.

"okay everyone, stay alive, don't look her in the eye, talk on comms. and maybe kill her while your at it." tony said while putting friday as auto pilot. i looked up at him and he gave me a childish smile, i rolled my eyes and reloaded my hand gun.

we arrived and i was ordered to be on the ground with clint, vision and natasha. we were clearing civilians to safety so they wouldn't turn to stone.

"cap, we're clear here." clint said on comms but there was no response.

"steve?" natasha yelled into her earpiece. i made a concerned look at the both of them.

"oh god. anyone on comms?" i said while slightly panicking. it was still silent.

the three of us decided to head towards the statue of liberty. we walked in.

i saw steve, rhodey, tony, wanda, and oh no, pietro as stones on the stairs.

i held pietro's face and gasped.

i heard claps as we all walked up the stairs. "don't look at her. well maybe you can look if you want." i pointed to vision considering he is literally a robot.

i walked up and heard a familiar voice.

"alice, great to see you."

"why are you doing this? this isn't like you." i said while staring at the floor.

"why not?"

"you're killing innocent people." i heard natasha say.

"no- not killing, they are just frozen, they can still hear and see everything that's happening." kaia responded evilly. i could practically see her stupid evil grin without looking at her.

i heard clints bow getting ready to aim at her.

"don't clint." i said while grabbing ahold of my gun. i held it out without looking.

"you wouldn't shoot me alice." she said while walking toward us.

"regarde-moi s'il-te-plaît" she said calmly.

"no! don't!" but i was too late, clint and natasha already turned to stone. i already knew her tricks but i didn't think she would do that.

i put my finger on the trigger and hesitated. i had to do this. or everyone i love will be gone forever. i'm sorry kaia

i pulled the trigger. i heard a thump and i looked.

kaia was on the ground bleeding out of her stomach.

"i'm so sorry." i sobbed and covered my mouth.

"me too." she gasped and looked away from me.

"no. no! no!" i screamed and shaked her lifeless body. i put my fingers on her eyelids and pulled them down.

"please. please. no." tears streamed down my eyes and suddenly pietro appeared next to me and i let go of kaia. i hugged him and cried into his shoulder. "why."