Assassin - Chapter 26

( Lorelai POV )

The girls went back to sleep and I ran to the bathroom feeling it rise up.

I sat beside the toilet and laid there. It was trying to come out but I kept pushing it down.

I hate throwing up.

I heard knocking on my door and internally groaned. Why now!!

Haha someone is going to disown you

Disappointment!

You should've known it was all a lie-

Your own family probably hates you now

NO! The voices can't be back- okay I know I sound like a crazy person but in my defense these are my voices of depression and voices that took a long time to go away.

" Lorelai " I heard my father which broke me out of my thoughts. I looked over to the door and there he was.

I slowly sat up and he came over. He sat down next to me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

" you're an assassin " he said after a few seconds of silence.

" your a mafia boss.. well ex mafia boss " I said back and it went quiet again.

" why " he asked and I sighed.

" I didn't have a choice " I said barely above a whisper.

" what do you mean? " he asked me.

" what I just said " I said seriously then it was his turn to sigh.

" why are you so cold towards me? "

I know he didn't just- ok.

I got off of him and moved slightly back. I turned towards him and looked him dead in the eye before speaking.

" because I hate you " I said coldly. Did I really hate him? No. But I saw hurt on his face.

" I hate you because you sent me away! you don't do that to your daughter " I said feeling angry.

" I was doing it to protect you "

" from who? " I know I already asked but..

" the Russians, who you luckily just killed "

" DO THE MATH DAD! " I yelled with my voice breaking.

" you sent me away knowing people were after me so nothing in that skull of yours ever told you that if they were watching me- they would know you gave me away and they would take that as a chance to get to me? " I said to him much more calmly and before he could speak I spoke again.

" what is a little girl supposed to think.. wondering why she isn't good enough.. or why the person who was supposed to be her hero didn't even want her? " I asked him feeling tears well up in my eyes.

I tried to push them back but they fell.

" I'm tired " I said getting up and went to my bed. I laid on the other end and faced the window and let the tears fall.

( Dad POV )

Guilt .

All I felt.. and I mean she is right.

How could I have been so dumb and reckless..

I watched as she left the bathroom with tears in her eyes.

She called me dad and that's the closest we've ever been and I love it but in this circumstance?

No..

Seeing her cry broke me.. and it's all my fault.

If the Russians had her then-

I quickly got up and walked into her room, she was facing the window.

" I'm so sorry.. I know nothing I do or say is going to change what happened- " I started saying but she cut me off.

" you're right.. save the lecture " she said and got up going to the door.

She opened the door and looked at me emotionlessly gesturing for me to leave.

I hesitantly left and made my way to my office.

———
604 words :(

Omg this is my shortest chapter and I hate it because like I normally try to have 1500 words or something but I'm frozen on this chapter now.

But there will be a time skip next chapter- gonna start writing now.

Anyways hope all is well:)

I've been sick so that's why my updates aren't where they should be and I honestly didn't like these chapters- it was too fast in the book so I edited it.

QOTC:

Do you like crime shows?

Answer:

Yessss !!