Chapter 16: Safe Arms

Y/N slowly opened his eyes, looking up at the ceiling in confusion. Then he remembered he was in that scary place filled with scary people. 

"I don't see why we don't just kill the brat already. There's nothing else we can do with him" Shigaraki grumbled. 

"Brat? From what I've seen, you've cried more than him in the past few hours" Dabi snickered, making their leader give him a menacing glare. 

"You can bring the boy to me. Doctor can study him, maybe make him into one of our Nomu's" All for One said, his face on the screen. 

"You're going to turn him into a Nomu?" Toga asked, leaning against the counter. 

"We don't know his quirk, he may prove useful to us" All for One reasoned. 

"Kurogiri will bring you the brat" Shigaraki confirmed. Spinner walked towards the couch Y/N was laying on, looking down at the broken child with an indifferent expression. 

"Looks like you'll be off our hands for a while. Wish you luck I guess" Spinner said, reaching for Y/N. 

"Get away from him!" Bakugou yelled, trying to break his chains. 

Y/N opened his mouth a little, staring at the Lizard villain. 

"Blast away" Y/N whispered. 

Spinner suddenly flew away from Y/N, smashing through the ceiling, creating a huge hole. The villains all stared in shock, while Y/N tried to even out his breaths. 

'Get up already. I have to play the hero this time, get me and Boom Boom out of here' Y/N tried to will himself, his body sending shocks of pain through him. 

Suddenly, the wall burst open, heroes piling in all at once. 

"WE ARE HERE!!" All Might yelled. 

Y/N saw someone reaching for him, before he let sleep take over once again. 

~🍙~

Y/N woke up once again, this time in a different room. It had white walls, an uncomfortable bed, and an annoying beeping machine next to him. 

Y/N turned his head to the side and his eyes widened at the sight. 

There he was, Aizawa was sleeping next to the bed he laid on. Aizawa's hand was covering Y/N's cast covered hand. He looked more exhausted than what Y/N was used to. 

'Did I keep him awake again? I'm sorry if I did' Y/N thought, wanting nothing more than to hug his father figure. But his weakened body didn't allow him to do so. All he could do was let out a small whine, making Aizawa shuffle in his chair. The heroes eyes slowly opened, focusing in on Y/N. 

"Y/N!" Aizawa shouted in relief, standing up and cupping Y/N's face. 

Y/N started crying quietly, clutching onto Aizawa's shirt as the hero leaned down for a makeshift hug. 

"You're okay now, you're going to be okay. I've got you now" Aizawa promised, running his hand through Y/N's hair like he was comforting himself as well. 

Aizawa leaned back a little and reached for something beside the hospital bed. Aizawa lifted Y/N's panda up, the child's eyes lighting up at the sight. He had thought he lost it at camp. 

Aizawa placed panda beside Y/N, said boy using his good arm to feel the softness of his old toy.

"You can sleep. I'll be here when you wake up" Aizawa cooed. Y/N's eyes started slowly closing once again, going back to sleep within seconds. 

"Mr. Aizawa, I'll be Y/N's doctor for the rest of his stay here" a doctor said as he walked into the room. Aizawa nodded in response, standing to greet the doctor. 

"Two of his ribs were shattered, his back was broken as well, but it luckily didn't cause paralysis. His arm was broken in four different places, and his throat was severely damaged" Doctor Akiyama explained. 

"Can recovery girl speed up the healing process?" Aizawa asked. 

"I'm afraid that's something else I wanted to talk to you about" he sighed, looking at Y/N. "Does he sleep a lot at home?" 

"He does, almost instantly every time" Aizawa answered. 

"We found something when I was reviewing Y/N's chart. I ran a few more tests to be sure." 

"What is it?" Aizawa asked. 

"His heart rhythms didn't sound right when I was doing his checkup. When I ran the tests, I found something alarming. Y/N has Ischemic heart disease. His heart isn't pumping enough blood due to damaged major blood vessels, which narrowed coronary arteries. His body is too weak to handle Recovery Girls quirk."

Aizawa stood completely still as he listened to the doctor speak, blocking out everything else in the room. 

"Doing some more tests, I can confirm that the damage came from excessive tampering to his body. Many injections that were forcing his body to get stronger. I'm aware that you heroes took in this boy, after he escaped an experimental laboratory. He got the damage there, and his body forces itself to sleep to try and keep up with the lack of blood pumping. I'm very sorry about the news, we can begin discussing a treatment plan." 

Everything else was a blur to the hero. He couldn't seem to catch a break. 

And neither could the little boy, who wanted nothing more than to be a regular little kid, and meet that big red dog from his storybooks.