Chapter 10 - Wooing Protocol

OT4

OT4

~~~

Rosé yawned and stretched her whole body. Her eyes were still closed and trying to hold on to sleep.

"Mmmm."

She tried to extend her arm to lie completely flat on her bed, but something was blocking her. It felt like a padded wall. Why is there a padded wall in my bedroom, she thought.

Rosé slowly opened her eyes. This wasn't her room. This wasn't even her apartment. She was in Jennie's apartment. Everything came flooding back and she was suddenly wide awake.

"Did you have a good sleep?"

Rosé sat up, keeping the blanket she had draped over covering her legs. The lights were on, and she focused a little to her right and saw Jennie sitting on the coffee table. A black Sharpie in her hand and a smile on her face.

"You didn't?" Rosé asked, horrified.

"Did what?" Jennie asked giving Rosé her best innocent expression. She lightly tapped the Sharpie to her lips.

Rosé quickly reached for the shiny metal bowl next to Jennie on the table and brought it up to her face to see her reflection. Nothing. Her face was free of any markings.

Jennie's laughter echoed through the small apartment.

"That was mean," Rosé said putting the bowl down, "I really thought you drew on me."

Jennie put the Sharpie down on the table and just smiled at Rosé. She had been waiting for Rosé to wake up just to play this prank on her. It was now a little past midnight and she realized she had waited almost five hours just to tease Rosé with the Sharpie. The look on Rosé's face had been totally worth the wait.

"What time is it?" Rosé asked.

"Five past midnight," Jennie said, "I was starting to think you'd sleep through the night."

"Shit," Rosé said, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"I still don't understand how you could. After all that sugar, I was wired! I couldn't sleep at all."

Rosé shrugged her shoulders, "I think I burned off all my sugar rush energy being excited about getting that job." She rubbed her eyes, "Ugh. This is so embarrassing. I'm always falling asleep when you're around. You must think I have like Necrophilia or something."

"Narcolepsy," Jennie corrected, "And no I don't. I just think you have too many projects going on at once." Jennie fought the urge to reach out and fix all the stray hairs that were going wild on Rosé's head from sleeping. She couldn't understand how this girl could look cute after waking up from sleep.

Rosé ran a hand through her hair thinking she must look like a total mess. "Well, actually, Lisa and I finished the cheer video and are going to turn it in tomorrow. Or today, I guess. Umm, and I finished Irene's video. I still have Joy's video to finish, but she's being very cool about it and not pressuring me to finish it fast."