personal assistant

"she's coming, everyone stand by!" one of the admin executives rushed out, alerting everyone on our office level of the incoming presence of our boss. 

it was like this every morning. 

everyone would scramble to their office stations and look the busiest they could be while they try their best to not make eye contact with ms luthor as she walks past our stations to get to her office. 

"ugh, what luck to have my work station be on the same level as the devil's office," kelly, who was beside me, groaned as she sorted out her papers. 

i simply chuckled, at her and everybody else who were rushing and worrying for seemingly no reason at all. 

ms luthor doesn't give a damn what you're doing or how your desk looks like as long as you get work done.  she just loves to stare at other to intimidate them. 

psychotic behaviour, if you ask me. 

but because i was her personal assistant, i spend a considerably lot amount of time with her as compared to my other colleagues which would explain why i was practically immune to her character. 

soon enough the clicking of her heels grew closer as the office became dead silent. a whiff of vanilla later and she was right in front of my desk. 

she lowered her shades and looked me straight in the eye. 

if i wasn't seated down, my knees probably would've given up on me. i gave her a small smile and nodded. 

"good morning, ms luthor"

"get in my office," was all she said before she turned and entered the glass door leading to her office right beside my desk. 

i let out a sigh before grabbing my relevant papers for today in a clipboard, knowing ms luthor most probably wanted me to go through this week's schedule with her. 

kelly mumbled a 'good luck' to me before i went off to enter lena's office. 

i knocked on the glass door twice before letting myself in, as i always do when she calls me in. but instead of seeing ms luthor on her chair behind her desk, i was greeted with her seated on the couch beside the glass window. 

"everything okay?" i asked carefully as i shut the door behind me. 

don't get me wrong, i might be immune to ms luthor's aloof and cold personality, but i still wouldn't want to get on her bad side. 

she takes a sip of the scotch in her glass and nodded, "of course. take a seat, ms y/l/n"

i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. now i was really suspicious. one, it's 9am and she's already drinking. and two, she has never let me sit on this couch. 

i decided it would be best for me to just inform her of the important updates and leave the room. "uh... alright so, it seems that you have-"

"i said," she puts down her glass onto the table with a clunk, "take a seat"

to say i was stunned was an understatement. 

i scurried over to the other end of the couch and sat down uncomfortably. "sorry, um, what did you need me for?"

"are you scared?"

what? 

"excuse me?" i questioned, putting my clipboard down. i looked up at her with a puzzled expression, only to see her smirking in my direction. 

she lets out a dramatic sigh before she stands up from her position to sit right beside me on the couch. 

her arm lightly grazed mine, causing goosebumps to form on my skin. the closest we've ever been together was when we take car rides together, and the only time we ever touched were when we passed each other documents.