✾𝟭𝟮 ✾

"N-Now, have we

"N-Now, have we.. passed the test?" Tanjiro panted out as his palms were on the dirt floor. He gasps for air but no matter how much oxygen he breathes in, it won't work. Y/n was the same. Sweat came rolling down from her forehead as she wheezed, her lungs almost giving up on her. Urokodaki untied the cloth on his head and said in a gruff voice, "The test starts now," 

That made y/n nearly pass out. Strands of her short h/c hair stuck on her face with sweat as glue. Tanjiro looks as if he wanted to pass out too. "We're going to climb a mountain," Urokodaki said. 

Tanjiro gasped in horror, his eyes wide. "I-- think-- I'm-- going---to-- die--" y/n gasped dramatically. 

Tanjiro set Nezuko on the futon as Y/n was standing next to Urokodaki. "I'll make sure to take care of your friend for you," he turned to Y/n. "I'm counting on you, grandpa," y/n smiled. Urokodaki ruffled Y/n's hair. 

✿ 

The bright moon was blanketed with soft and luxurious clouds. The dry leaves were stepped on by Urokodaki, Tanjiro, and Y/n. The mist and fog decorated the scene with such mystery. The tall trees and the dark sky adds its own component for the dramatic scene. Tanjiro's red eyes were wide as every breath he took was a pant. 

I'm so exhausted. My legs are starting to buckle! I'm starting to feel dizzy, too. Is Y/n okay? Go Tanjiro, make sure that y/n's okay, Tanjiro thought. He went over to Y/n's side and grabbed her hand gently. "Are you okay, Y/n?" Tanjiro asked, his wine-colored eyes softening. Y/n turned to her friend. "Fine," she gasped out. "Just... the air here is really cold," Y/n shivered. Tanjiro gave her hand a little squeeze as Y/n just smiled gratefully at Tanjiro. 

Then they stopped in their tracks. Urokodaki turned to them. "Now, from here, go back down to the house at the foot of the mountain," Urokodaki commanded. "This time, I'm not going to wait till daybreak!" he exclaimed. The mist blanketed him as his figure disappeared with a snap. 

"So, we'll just need to go back to the foot of the mountain? That's fine! I remember his scent," Tanjiro exclaimed. Y/n looked around. "It can't be that easy, Tanjiro," Y/n said sternly. "There's gotta be more to this," she added, her brows furrowed as she took the lead. "Y/n! Wait!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he followed her. Y/n then tripped over the ropes and rocks came shooting out from the side but her eyes widened when Tanjiro got hit. He accidentally stumbled over his feet and pushed her, she fell into a pile of dry leaves but fell into a hole instead, she let out a grunt of pain, Tanjiro's eyes widened.