Chapter 50

I wake up with a loud crash echoing through the room. I raise myself from the bed realizing I am in Draco's room still. I blink a few times and look to my right to see the bed still cold and empty.

My heart races slightly out of wonder as to why Draco wouldn't be in bed already. I move the duvet from my body taking Draco's robe and wrapping it around myself.

The house is quiet, so I assume the party and betting is over. Although, that doesn't help me understand Draco's absence.

I unlock the doorknob and peek my head out in the hall. The lights are off, and the air is cold. I immediately get chills down my spine.

I know I should probably stay up here until Draco comes back, but I did hear a crash and I want to make sure everything is alright.

My bare feet pad down the hall until I reach the main staircase. There is no one in the foyer, only a small lamp is on giving the room an ominous glow.

I move down the stairs and head to the kitchen to inspect the scene. My fingers push on the wooden door to find the entire room dark, the only lighting is the moon through the windows.

I jump slightly when I see a tall figure with its back facing me. I assume it is Draco for a moment, but as I quietly move closer, I see it to be Theo.

"Theo?" my voice is low as I am still trying to wake myself up.

He quickly turns to me, even with the dark lighting, I can see the red in his eyes. He holds a bottle of vodka. His shirt is all the way undone and his hair is all messy.

It is quite unsetting to see him like this. It's not like the normal messy drunk that he usually becomes on the weekend, it's a damaged drunk.

When his eyes meet mine, he scoffs and turns back to the window taking the liquor with him pouring it down his throat in one swing.

I move closer, "Theo, where is Draco?" I ask.

He doesn't answer. He just swallows the vodka making no movements. The closer I get to him, the more unsettling I feel.

He then moves his wrist to wipe his nose with the sleeve of his shirt. I watch as he licks his lips as if he is trying not to cry.

I move directly next to him as I watch the moon hit the side of his face. His eyes are glossy, but this isn't from drugs. I have come to know the difference.

"Theo..." I speak in a warning tone, "Where is Draco?"

He finally looks at me, "Gone."

I breathe, "Alright, where did he go?"

He scrunches his eyebrows together in anger, "Is that all you care about?" He spits. My eyes widen at his aggression, "Is that why you want this to be over? So that you and Malfoy can play house again? So, you two can be happy together?"

I inhale oxygen as I am caught off guard by his anger towards me, "You know that's not true..."

He tilts his head to the side slightly, "Yeah? Are you sure?" His face is flushed, "Because it seems like you only care about how this ends for the two of you." He licks his lips, "There are so many more people that are apart of this shit Lancing!" He brings the bottle to his lips taking another drink.

I wait silently to let him finish saying whatever it is he thinks is going on. He lowers the bottle and points it at me, "You have no idea how much we have done for you." He wipes his mouth again. His movements are messy, and his words are slurred, "I- We have sacrificed saving all the others we care about because of you."