iv. Whiskeys and rudolph

FOUR.                                    whiskeys and Rudolph

" WELCOME TO THE GARRISON, LOVE " BARKED OUT ARTHUR SHELBY AS HE OPENED THE GARRISON AS THE SHELBY BROTHERS INCLUDING ALICE ENTERED THE SLIGHTLY DIM PUB THAT LOOKED HORRID IN ALICE'S OPINIAN BUT DECIEDED TO STAY QUIET.

" it's alright i guess " she mumbled as she looked around the dim lighted pub which reeked of old perverts and spittoons laying around the place. Her face morphed into a look of disgust as she started to back away and turn around for the exit only to be greeted with a broad and hard chest.

She wrinkled her eyes in confusion before looking up and being met by Thomas whom held a cigarette in his mouth carelessly as he didn't even bother to look down at her and took a hold of her shoulders and led her inside, were she thought she would almost puke.

Alice rolled her eyes as she walked back in and the women's ears ringed in pain as she heard, singing?

She looked up in distaste and sighed when she saw a women who seemed very stunning in her opinion singing.

She rose a challenging brow at her as the mystery barmaid flushed at the sight of Alice but still kept singing while the pub was silent.

Thomas noticed the small interaction with his wife and the suddenly new bar maid, he took a puff of his cigarette as he continued watching his wife, but he was snapped out of his trance as he was called out by Harry.

" there hasn't been any singing since the war " Harry joked as he smiled slightly but only got a cold look from Thomas which made him stutter on his spit.

" why do you think that is Harry " he said as he glanced at the man once more and diverting his attention from the blonde barmaid.

His voice was husky and the words came out like silk and Alice felt warmth in between her legs which she smirked at before going into what looked like the snug she heard Arthur and John bragging about.

It was small in her opinion and she scoffed at the size of it, And what looked like almost broken wooden chairs that were completely unstable.

she sat down and placed a napkin on top of the rusty old chair knowing it wouldn't make much a difference without, ( but Alice wasn't risking it. ) as she then crossed her legs and sighed.

she felt alone and she had missed he family, she hadn't seen much of them after the wedding and didn't get to say hello to her grandmother and grandfather who she dearly wanted to see again. but she kept a cool face as John and Arthur rampaged

there way in as her face turned into a face of disgust as they laughed loudly and then John spilled almost all his drink all over Alice who sceamed.

" oh fuck! Alice I swear I didn't mean to oh no. " replied john as a look of fear and worry drained his face afraid of tommy's glare and Alice's screams. Arthur tried not to laugh but his small cackles were stopped after tommy entered the snug with two irish whiskeys.

" what the fuck is wrong with you!? " she yelled as she looked at him craving to burn him, John of course had lost any color that contoured on his skin as he was now looking like a little boy being scolded, but much much worse.

Thomas of course noticed his brothers fearful and sad demeanor and decided to step in knowing well Arthur wouldn't risk his life to talk back to Alice after the few days they had met.