Chapter 40

It was the day of the valentines festival. It was currently noon. Charlotte was checking on her chocolates and stored the chocolate box in her small separate pouch. She put a spell on it to keep it cold.

This was the day where people confess to each other whole heartedly. A day where love blooms and new relationships arise.

Charlotte went to the cafeteria to have her afternoon tea as she's saving her appetite for the festival's delicacies.

She watched from her table, girls from afar confessed to guys. It was delightful to see them getting accepted. Ain also sat at Charlotte's table. Charlotte felt a sudden chill down her spine and turned to Ain, he was staring at her with affectionate eyes. She averted her eyes hurriedly in embarrassment.

Huston then came up to the both of them,

"Sorry guys, a really cute girl confessed to me and I'm going on a date with her. Guess you two will have to go alone."

"Oh, I see. Well then okay." Ain says.

Well that just makes me plan easier, Charlotte thought to herself.

"Have fun with your little date," said Charlotte.

-
It was evening and Charlotte was preparing for her outing with Ain. She wore cute white pins with a soft slight longer knee-length dress. She looked absolutely adorable, any man would want to win her favour. Her pouch dangling like a purse on her shoulder.

A knock from her door suddenly appeared. It was Ain, he looked very attractive. It was pleasing to the eye, he had a white suit on. His hair was messy, any girl would fall head over heels for him if they saw this fine man.

"May I?" Ain asks in a seductive tone, yet polite. Holding his hand out requesting to escort her out the room.

"You may." Charlotte responds and places her hand on his. Walking out the door while walking down the stairs.

Both men and women were mesmerised by the two, jaws hung open. A truly gorgeous pair, they thought to themselves. They just smiled back, imaginary arrows pierced through the hearts of the people looking. Two angels sent down from the heavens, of course it was expected. They both were gods themselves anyway, their compatibility would probably be higher than the charts.

Many couples also went to the Valentine's festival. It's been long since a festival like this has been held.

Upon arrival, they stepped out the carriage. Ain escorted Charlotte out. It was spectacular, it was decorated with balloon hearts, Cupid bow and arrows. So adorable.

"This play is so cute," said Charlotte.

"I agree," said Ain.

They now genuinely entered the doors of the festival, a step in was wonderland. Stalls were set up everywhere. Different varieties of food, clothing, decorations and so on.

"Woah!" Charlotte exclaimed, dragging Ain along with her.

Charlotte was starving as she had a small croissant and tea for lunch. The meat skewers were mouth watering in her eyes, buying them along the way. Shoving it in her mouth and chewing nonstop. It was delicious. There was gonna be a musical later on in the festival. The two got tickets and waited for the show.

Finally, it was time for the show to start. It was a love song, as expected. The band performed beautifully, a piano, violin and both were singing. The melodious tune touched everyone watching's heart.

After that Ain bought Charlotte cotton candy that was shaped in a cute heart. How adorable. They went to a shady tree leaning on it while eating. The festival was coming to an end, they thought.

Of course, Charlotte had one objective coming to this festival. She took out the chocolate box that was still cooled in her magic pouch then handing it to Ain.

"I hope I'm not too late to accept your confession from two years ago." Charlotte says while adverting her eyes.

Some cotton candy gotten on Charlotte's cheek and Ain licked it off her. She was startled from this sudden move and froze. Moving from her cheek to her lips, kissing her lips.

He pulled back, lifting her up in the air from excitement.

"Of course! You have no idea how long I've waited for your response!" He exclaims, pulling her in then embracing her. They shared a warm hug then pulled apart, slowly intertwining hands.

They both were red, very red. Looking even feverish, two beasts joining paws averting their eye contact. They were definitely in the moment of love. Finally, after many years they decided to start dating.

They returned back to their carriage to head back to their academy dorms. As they walk out, many people were staring at them seeing them holding hands.

Huston had came up to the both of them, "I assume it went well."

Both of them nodded in embarrassment, Huston just chuckled. What a sweet sight.

"Congrats." Huston says.

"So, how did your date go?" Charlotte asked, trying to change the subject.

"It could've went better, she dropped me for someone else."

"Damn. I feel bad for you."

"Yeah." Huston said, disappointed.

"Well it's late now, we should head inside now."

"Mhm."

As they walked more and more people stared at Ain and Charlotte, not realising they were still holding hands going up the dorms.

Realisation hit them as they reach their separate dorm areas, they separate their hands then waving to each other.

They go back to their dorms, Charlotte went into the bathroom with clothes and a towel in her arms. Diving her face into the towel, she was flustered. She squealed in excitement, she completed her task successfully. A win-win for both of them.

Charlotte got into the tub with warm water and lit up a candle as a reward for reaching her goal. The scent of the candle made Charlotte sleepy, she got up and dressed in her night gown.

Charlotte went to her room while Huston was just suspiciously smirking at Charlotte. She laid in her bed comfortably and dozed off with a smile on her face in victory.