4: Zaofu

The city of Zaofu

Kitiara saw her father leaving with Bumi and the air benders.

They had slept and now it's morning. The sun was shining and the warrior was doing her makeup.

Sitting on the saddle with the aid of a little mirror, Kitiara applied the needed details to be perfect.

Her bison was flying alongside the airship toward the only city made up by only metal.

Zaofu.

There were reports that an air bender was living there.

The legendary city of Zaofu was built by her aunt, Su to honor her grandmother, the Great creator of metal bending, Toph.

How much she craved to meet her grandma.

Unfortunately, she left Zaofu long ago and never came back. No one knew where she was.

She was probably living in a forest, among nature and earth.

She just hoped that one day she would get to see her. And who knew, fight with her !

Who wouldn't want to see their grandma kicking asses as easily as it is for her to walk.

Kitiara looked at the city from afar. She couldn't help but admire.

Her uncle did a great job building this wonderful and extraordinary city.

The rays of the sun reflecting on the metal.

This whole city is a peace of art. A masterpiece.

She had visited Zaofu many times. Ther aunt, uncle and cousins are the closest family she had when she came here.

Her mother wasn't on good terms with her aunt but she was.

Her aunt loved her and she loved her back.

She even had her husband build a stable for her bison ! It wasn't even mandatory for her to pass from the guards.

The weird machine that Bumi used during the raid rung signaling that they call her by the airship.

She answered the call.

" We received our landing orders. Wanna also ask for you ? " Korra'a voice is heard through the radio.

" No, I am fine. Go and land on your platform, I will find ya later. " She assured the young avatar.

" As you wish... can I call you Kit or this is something only between you and Asami ? "

Kitiara laughed. " Korra, of course you can call me Kit. All of my friends call me this. Even my own parents. "

" Okay... Kit. See ya. " Korra wished me good bye and ended the call.

" Let's go in front of them. I want to make a show. " She told her bison.

The bison flew faster to accomplish his mistress' wish.

The woman sat on the tail of her animal gazing directly at her mother's eyes through the glass.

She waved her hand and the team avatar waved back.

" I love Zaofu ! " She mouthed to her mother showing her that she had already come here.

Lin grimaced. All of these years, she did her best to keep Su away from her life. Knowing now that Kitiara was interacting with her little half-sister, a sister that she hated so much, hurt.

She watched as the bison didn't land for the guards to take her daughter but instead, it continued its way with no one stopping it.

Kitiara sat back on her spot grasping the bridles.