52 | japan's big three

FIFTY-TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

ymari shekinah seinaru exited the bathroom, with her wig off and her contacts gone.

she craned her neck to the side to get rid of the slight cramp and then walked out into the hallways. they were surprisingly full despite the ongoing tournament. some female teams were loitering around, along with some male teams. they all gave her glances, some even teased their friends to take a photo with the girl but we're too intimidated by her presence to even do so.

soon enough, she reached the main hall of the gymnasium where most of the players had gathered on the first day. she spotted too familiar figures that had their backs turned to her, wearing the tracksuit jackets of the japan national team. they were being shot curious glances from all over, making seinaru sigh as the shorter one of the two seemed to be basking in the glory of it all— though she hid it so well.

"kasai, saito." she called their names.

the two tall basketball players that slightly towered over her turned around to face the— thanks to her short-inch heels— 6'3 girl.

(art by me: isesaki)

earlier in the series, it has been mentioned that ichigo and hanuka were both number two. it wasn't acknowledged very much, though. the two were just lumped in with the title 'niiyama's big three' together with seinaru because of their inter-high performances.

but them alone couldn't face up to the actual top-dogs of basketball in the country.

japan's big three.

stood in front of the captain of the japan national youth women's basketball team were the number ones of the country.

"seinaru-sama." mizuno kasai, the 6'4 tall magenta haired girl greeted her captain with a bow.

mizuno kasai, age 18. she goes to ichibayashi high school in fukuoka and is dubbed as the number one power forward in the nation. she is the real vice captain of the nippon team, and used to be the captain last year.