| 65 |

85 Years Later

  DRACO had lived a long life. Far too long for his liking. He was still grateful nonetheless.

  There was always this void inside his chest, no matter what he did or where he goes. Nonetheless he had to admit that it was a memorable life he lived. Filled with many familiar faces he had grown to love, strangers well acquainted, and laughter shared along with buckets of tears. Tears for the woman he hoped to see very soon.

  It was more like a gut feeling. He was a healthy old man. He had no illness nor had any accidents. But tonight when he and Theo sat by his living room couch after an intense game of magical golf, he had the urge to say goodbye.

  "You have been an incredible friend, Nott." His voice became much more hoarse through the years.

  "So are you." Theo smiled at him.

  It was valid to say both of them aged like fine wine. Bodies still straight at poise through their golden years. Blaise had gone ahead of them, along with Pansy during an accident a few years prior. Their five children raised incredibly well.

"I can't wait to meet her." The tugging in his heart bloomed with longing.

Theo looked at him warily but his smile was still in place. "She must be waiting for you too."

------

  Draco woke up with a lightness in his chest. Gone was the daily pressure just to breath, along with the weight on his shoulders. His body moved with more agility, and there was no stiffness in his old bones.

  He looked around him and he was in his bedroom at the Manor. His hands ripped the blanket off his body. Draco stared at his smooth hand. There were no folds of his dry skin. The rings he wore when he was young were back on his fingers. Pushing off the bed his eyes made contact with his standing mirror. The wrinkles on his forehead were invisible. His cheekbones were sharp and gone was the sag along his jawline. The crows feet at the edges of his eyes now smooth. His hair was thick and luscious, his hairline fully restored.

  He was young. To the age when Catherine was alive.

  He was dreaming again.

  The door opened and two he could see two tails wagging, followed by barking and nail padding through the marbled floor. Major and Smalls ran so fast they tripped slightly and started to claw on his feet. Excitement radiated from their eyes.

  "Well it's nice to see the both of you." Draco crouched down and showered them with pets. Major was like a madman, running circles around him, jumping up and down. Smalls just sat in front of him. He looked straight into his eyes, and whimpered. The dog was shedding tears and licked Draco's face.

  He never dreamed about them before.

  Smalls gave her a few more licks and raced out of the door again. Draco would've followed him but Major wouldn't let him go. He was now biting into his pants and licking his

  "Draco?"

  His head snapped so fast to look at the door.

  "Mother..." Like a five year old child that was lost in the park, he ran towards her and engulfed her in his biggest hug. He could smell her perfume, floral and sweet. His mother cried and clawed her hand behind his back. Draco sunk his head into the crook of her neck as his own sobs began to surface.

  This was so realistic for a dream.

  "My son," She managed to speak in between her tears, "Oh how I've missed you."