Fifty-nine

Hi...

Does anyone have any suggestions for distracting myself during an anxiety attack?

-

I was scared.

I was lying in bed. I hadn't had the energy to get up so George assured me it was fine. I could stay in bed while he made breakfast. He brought some up to me and some to Roxi as well as she was still sick.

But even after breakfast, I didn't want to get up. I was absolutely terrified of my father. He wanted me to meet him at noon and it was way past noon and I was just waiting for something to happen.

Leah was with George so she was safe and Elsie was safe at Hogwarts.

There was no way McGonagall would let a supporter of Voldemort into the castle.

George and I went down to the ministry yesterday. We filed a report on harassment and they were looking for him.

I gave proof. I gave them my memories of yesterday. One look and they had the proof they needed that my dad threatened to hurt my girls, that Malcolm's mum threatened to do the same.

They caught Mrs Baddock this morning.

I was also waiting for Malcolm to call me and yell at me for being the reason his mum got locked up.

"Mummy?"

I sat up and looked at the door, seeing Leah who stood there with Charley by her side, petting him carefully while looking at me.

"Hi darling."

"Are you sick?" She asked.

"I'm just a little tired." I assured her.

She looked at the bed and when I patted the spot next to me, she looked at me again.

"Come." I told her and a smile spread on her face before she ran towards the bed and jumped up, hurrying to get comfortable in my lap.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head multiple times.

"Can Charley be here too?" She asked and I rested my head against hers as I looked at Charley who still stood in the door.

"Alright, why not."

"Charley!" Leah called and waved him over.

He seemed to take the hint and ran over, jumped onto the bed. He circled himself before he laid down at the end of the bed.

"Daddy was here." Leah said and tilted her head back to look up at me.

"He was?"

"Georgie kicked him out, but daddy just wanted to make sure that you're okay. Did something happen?"

I brushed my hand through her hair before I kissed her forehead and she giggled.

"You don't have to worry your pretty little head about it."

"Is this about grandpa?"

"Grandpa?"

"He's not a nice man, is he?"

I sighed.

"No, he's not." I told her.

"Is that why I haven't met him?"

Leah turned around in my lap and looked up at me.

"Your grandfather isn't a good man. That's why he spend so many years in Azkaban."

"Has he killed people?"

Every time I answered a question, Leah seemed to have a new one. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes, full of curiosity and I answered her questions because I wasn't one to keep things hidden from my children.