Chapter- 8

Chapter- 8 (Hirata's POV)

It was Sunday, usually I would go out with my friend by this time but for today I had different plans. Done with my homework I lied down on my bed, checking the numerous text messages on my phone.

Knock Knock

Earlier than I expected.

Opening the door I find Karuizawa standing alone, usually girls used to arrive in droves at my room but this meeting I set up with Karuizawa alone.

"Good evening, please come in, Karuizawa."

"Sure, how are you doing?" She asked.

"Fine, take a seat."

For a few moments we both sat in silence, checking our phones. Once I was done I turned up to find her waiting for me.

"Is everything all right?" I asked her with a gentle smile.

"Yeah, no one seems to talk about their events much. They practice around and chat about other stuff."

"That is convenient."

"But, you know I can't keep an eye on everyone. There are a few girls here and there and they end up revealing a thing or two." She added.

I didn't want to, but I can feel my expression harden a little. It isn't their fault, they are bound to discuss it in the course of one month.

But I had predicted this to happen sooner or later.

"So the information is slowly being leaked in parts?" I asked

"Y-yeah, I think so."

"I understand, I have a plan. Listen me out," Hearing my words she felt relieved.

"From tomorrow onwards I will ask Kushida-san and her friends to practice alongside you all."

"Hein? Weren't we trying to keep her and her group in the dark."

"Yes, but that will soon lose its effect gradually as everyone starts discussing their events."

"Hmm, but still why mingle us together?"

"It is to track narrow down the traitor,"

"From tomorrow onwards gather two or three close friends of yours, ask them to slowly gather information about the events of the others."

Karuizawa tilted her head as if having a hard time trying to understand what I was getting on to.

"Didn't you ask us not to do exactly that?"

"Yes, keep in touch with these three individuals. Once the traitor sees people opening up about their events little by little, they will naturally approach these three girls who have the most information about these events."