Chapter 23: Rainbow Sheep of The Family.

Kein's POV

After the jousting competition a week has passed on my stay here and finally I finished my commission from the Duke. I grinned at how proud I am of this.

The color was consistent, beautiful, smooth, and I fully captured what kind of family Vincent has.

A warm loving home, even if there's some hidden secrets on the side I could tell they love each other dearly.

The canvas was taller than me, and I needed a chair to paint at the top part of it which was honestly troublesome. "Meaning I can't wait to fucking grow up and get taller!"

"You're awfully rowdy this morning, Lady Kein."

"AH WHO GOES THERE?! OH VINCENT MY HEART STOPPED MAN! DON'T DO THAT!" I held my chest and asked my heart to be still.

Vincent laughs, "By don't do that do you mean, sneaking into my own home?"

"Well technically even if it's your own home there's also this thing called knocking." I talked back to him as he invited himself to look at the canvas. I nudged his side and wiggled my eyebrows waiting for some sort of praise because I mean- come on? Do I deserve it?

"Ahem so, what do you think?" I showed him my work and I felt my pride getting bigger as after the jousting tournament I've been feeling more relaxed and happy these days.

I wonder how Rose and will we ever coincidentally bump into each other again?

"E-Eh... I don't know where you even get that?! Wait, I thought I could use this game to know what your favorite food is to make it for you!"

I smile remembering her words to me. I can't believe she even thought of cooking for me which was honestly sweet but I doubt I'll find the right ingredients for sinigang here.

"Kein, it's wonderful. You never seem to disappoint me." (Lord Vincent) smiles somehow rather forcefully as he takes a moment to himself to look at the canvas once again.  "We look... happy."

"Aren't you guys happy?" I ask him.

Vincent didn't answer but he just sits on my bed. Oh no, I smell problems and as his loyal friend and savior I need to get to the bottom of this! "Hey Vincent, you can talk to me about it, you know." I told him as I sat beside him, I can already feel that he's tired from something but I don't know what it is.

Lord Vincent sighs, "I have already caused enough trouble for Lady Kein, including the lengths of cheering me up with Nigel... that fashion show was rather fun."

I smile bitterly as he's taking on a lot of things at once. "There there, I'll always be here if you need someone to listen to when you can't handle it anymore. It's okay to ask for help sometimes because its no trouble for me at all."

"Thank you, Lady Kein." (Vincent)