Chapter 45: Bea-ko's New Nemesis

A/N: Ayyy I'm back :D summer school turned out okay, I did well on physics XD however tomorrow fall term starts so I might be gone again after this update. This update I plan to make them shorter than the other chapters, probably between 2000 and 3000 words, and they'll probably be separate short events that happen between the time they got back from the trip and the start of the new semester. And after this update we'll go into the next arc I guess? XD I'd say we're starting to get near the end but don't worry, that's still many many chapters away, so bear with me XD Okay here starts!! Please enjoy!!

It was two days after they got back from their trip to Kusatsu. Subaru and the girls visited his parents and gave them the presents they bought for them. They had a great day together talking about what happened during their vacation, however, Subaru decided that he didn't want to tell his parents about his decision just yet. He needed time to sort things out and come up with a good explanation. But he wasn't worried. He knew the time to reveal the truth would be painful, but Kenichi and Naoko would always be by his side.

Hinata, Aki, and Haruka went back home and gave their parents the presents they bought as well, and after that, the three and Subaru decided that they would spend the rest of the vacation, about a week of time, studying together, as the big big super big exam would be held at the end of January. They needed all the preparation to get a good result from the exam. But, when it comes to studying, it wasn't hard to imagine how it'd turn out.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck....." Aki moaned as he banged his head against the table. It was the afternoon of the second day of the studying. The four were seated around the dining table with books scattered on the table. All of them were looking rather down. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck...." Haruka was the second one to did the same as Aki. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...." Then Subaru. "Frrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaakkkk....." Finally Hinata was down too. The four were all slumped on the table, groaning.

"What a scene you are making," Ram, sitting on the sofa and reading a book on the other side of the living room, said, peering at them from the corner of her eye. The four didn't even have the strength to argue back. "Ganbatte kudasai, mina-san! The snacks are almost ready! You'd be able to take a rest soon!" Rem said as she looked out from the kitchen at them, her hands held in front of her chest, encouraging them. A few seconds later Emilia's voice sounded from the kitchen. The two were preparing the snacks together.

"Minna, the cookies are done!" She said, coming out the kitchen with Rem alongside her, both of them holding a plate of cookies. "Yay... cookies..." Subaru said as he pushed himself up from the table and moved the scattered books aside. The three other dead bodies came back to life and did the same. "Thanks a million...!!!" Hinata said with tears rolling down his face. "Thanks...!!!" Aki and Haruka said with a nod, and all four pairs of hands started reaching for the just baked cookies.

"Yokatta desu ne, Emilia-sama. Everyone is enjoying the cookies." Rem said with a smile as they watched the poor twelfth graders savoring the cookies. Emilia smiled and sighed in relief. "I'm glad to see that too, Rem. I wasn't really confident in making snacks." She said. Ram came around the table, her arms folded, as well. "Yo, Nee-sama. How's your afternoon been?" Subaru asked, finally regaining a good amount of energy. "Ha, not too bad, compared to yours." She answered, waving her hand dismissively. They took a few more minutes eating before they were all feeling recharged again.

Subaru got up from his chair and stretched out his muscles, and after looking around the living room, noticed that someone wasn't there. "Where's Bea-ko?" He asked but didn't really need an answer. He walked to the girls' room and knocked on the door. "Bea-ko? Come out, we've got cookies." He said, expecting her to respond, but instead a rather funny squeal sounded instead. "What the what...?!" Everyone thought at the same time. "Dude, judging by that reaction she's definitely watching por--" The rest of the word was cut by a fist on his chin from Haruka and another punch on the arm from Hinata.