Red Herring - Mammon

(A/n: I was in the mood for some angst hehe)

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚o *'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Mammon seemed like the easiest to understand out of the brothers, but ironically, you found it to be the complete opposite. You and Mammon would often butt heads and never get along for one reason or another. It was exhausting, really.

One day he would be giving you a bunch of stuff he'd think you'd like, looking out for you, making you laugh...and then the next he would start annoying the hell out of you for no particular reason other than to make your day miserable.

You never said or did anything to cause this annoyance, so you didn't understand what you could've done to avoid this. You would find him glaring at you whenever you were in the same room. Or he would get upset at you and even bully you over the littlest things and not even explain to you why he was pissed off.

Despite all that, you always did your best to be nice to him. You hoped that one day he'd stop annoying you and turn over a new leaf.

"S-Satan..? Why is Mammon staring at me like that?" You discreetly asked the demon.

"Hm? Oh, who knows what's going through that idiot's mind." Satan rolled his eyes.

"Just ignore him, honey." Asmo said rubbed your arm as a means of comfort.

"He's probably upset that you didn't sit next to him at lunch." Belphie smirked.

"You think so..?" You frowned.

The thing is, Mammon told you not to sit next to him at lunch. You never asked him why, but you quietly agreed and went to go sit with his younger brothers. So he was sitting a few tables away glaring daggers at you.

Or so it seemed.

Though it looked like that was the case, he was actually getting lost in his bitter thoughts. Despite telling you he didn't want you sitting next to him, it was actually the opposite of what he really wanted. Strike three million on poor communication skills for Mammon...

You awkwardly smiled a bit and waved, pulling Mammon out of his thoughts.

Mammon's eyes widened with surprise. He blushed out of embarrassment as soon as he realized he was staring at you. He made a face and quickly averted his gaze. You dropped your hand and frowned again.

"I don't think Mammon likes me..." You sighed.

"He does." Beel said before stuffing his face. Satan and Asmo nodded in agreement. Belphie on the other hand was indifferent.

"Trust me when I say this, but you're the last person Mammon could and would hate." Satan said.

"Right..." You tried hiding your disbelief with a smile.

"Well...I'm gonna start heading off to class. I'll see you guys there." You said as you got up.

"But what about your food?" Beel asked.

"You can have it, I'm not hungry anymore." You said as you left.

With the small reassurance you got from the boys, you headed to your next classes.

"Oi, Y/n!" Mammon stomped towards you.

"Eep! O-Oh...Hi Mammon." You nervously said.

"Why the hell were you sittin' with Satan and the others, huh?" Mammon put his hands on his hips.

"Because they offered me to..? Why, were you jealous?" You asked with genuine confusion.

"Wh-?! L-Like hell I was! Tch! N-Nevermind! Forget I asked!" Mammon grumbled.