✹twenty✹

Harrenhal was far larger than Rhena imagined. One would think that a keep destroyed by dragon fire would have been a lot less extravagant and yet, there was an air of elegance everywhere you looked. Lights occupied every window and banners of every house were draped over the side of every wall. She supposed it would look quite drab without all the of the lavish things to occupy the space.

The tournament was set to start the next day and Rhena couldn't wait. Sure she had been to countless tourneys in her short lifetime, but they never failed to give her a thrill that only the sword or Jaime did.

Rhena was brought back from her thoughts by the soft cooing of her nephew. Prince Aegon Targaryen. As if there weren't enough of those already. Though she despised wheelhouses, Rhena traveled in one most of the way to Harrenhal. Elia had wanted company and Rhena was more than happy to spend more time with her and her children. Their mother sat with them as well, embroidering a red and golden blanket for Rhena's child with Viserys at her side.

"Oh I do hope that they serve crab cakes at dinner." Elia said with a hint of longing in her voice. She was bent over Rhaenys, twisting the girl's hair into a lovely southern braid. "I haven't had them since before I was pregnant with Aeg; they made me terribly sick." She paused and turned to Rhena. "Have you found any foods unbearable lately? Rhaenys was easy, she would let me eat whatever I chose." Elia kissed her daughter's head.

"Yes including that strange pickled soup." Rhena remarked, remembering the terrible stew that Elia had adored during her pregnancy with Rhaenys. "To answer your question, no. I haven't found any foods unbearable nor have developed any strange cravings. I hardly ever get sick either."

Rhaella scoffed and set down the blanket. "You are living a very charmed life my dear." The three women laughed and Aegon joined them from Rhena's arms.

"He's been so good this whole trip." Elia said softly, staring down at her son. Her last child. Once She had healed, Creylen had insisted that he be her last babe that she should carry. Pycelle had argued weakly but in the end, even he agreed that her life would be in serious danger should she give birth again. The thought made all of them sad but at least Aegon had been born a boy. No one wanted to take into consideration the lengths that Aerys or Rhaegar would have gone to for an heir.

The wheel house came to a sudden halt and the three women got ready to leave. Rhaella took her son's hand in hers and Rhena passed Aegon back to his mother. Rhaenys was given to Rhena to tend to and the Lannister princess kissed her niece's head. A steward opened the door and Jaime was waiting on the other side with Oberyn. Rhaegar and Aerys were nowhere in sight. Rhaella exited first and took the arm of Jaime while Elia took her brother's. Rhena hefted Rhaenys up onto her hip and took Jaime's other arm.

"And how are you my dears?" He asked both his wife and good-mother. Joanna Lannister was once a great friend of Rhaella along with Elia's mother. It did the Targaryen queen good to see her two soul sister's children officially in the family. From the day that Joanna had passed, Rhaella had been a surrogate mother for Jaime. She would have been there for Cersei as well if the stubborn girl would have let her. Jaime would never love any woman as much as he had loved his mother, but he had always held Rhaella in a special part of his heart.

"Very well Jaime. Though the ride was long, I hope that the tourney and beds are worth the wait." Rhaella had been having pains the whole trip and even her medicines couldn't do anything to help.

Viserys, who was trailing alongside his mother, skipped ahead to face Jaime. "Guess what I found on the road. I'm sure you'll never guess this one." Though Rhaella, Aerys and even Rhena at times tired of Viserys constant games and stories, Jaime never seemed to mind. During their travels to Harrenhal, he had spent countless hours atop a horse with Viserys in front of him as the young boy recounted the simplest things. Watching Jaime with her brother melted Rhena's heart and allowed her to think ahead to the future when their child would come into the world.