Chapter two.

"I'm not changing my school daddy "Michelle McDonald said for the umpteenth time.
Mr McDonald sighed and sat on his office desk. "Michelle dear... It will be risky going from the island to the mainland everyday. Besides, it's going to be very stressful for you. "
"I don't mind the stress. I just want to go to school on the mainland... I can't fit into all this luxury. I'm scared of that Bellgrande high or whatever it's called. It looks like those schools we see in American movies. "Michelle sat beside her father, hugged him and continued. "Please daddy please. The school is too luxurious for me"she released him and looked at him hopefully.
Michelle grew up with her grandmother on the mainland in Lagos. Michelle's mother gave birth to her out of wedlock at the age of nineteen and gave Michelle to her mother to take care of her. Mr McDonald had been unaware that he had a child until six years ago when Michelle turned ten and he was already married. He had then shown up at their house every weekend to visit his daughter Whom he came to love very dearly. Since he got married, he did not have any child so he was overcome with mix emotion of joy and confusion when he learnt that he'd had a child before he got married. Her mother didn't really care about her because once she gave birth to michelle, she gave her to her mother and pursued a career as a model after which she got married to her boss. Michelle saw her mother once in two weeks and sometimes, once a month. After Michelle's grandmother died two weeks ago, she had to live with her now divorced father whose ex wife wanted to have nothing to do with him because they couldn't have a child.
"Michelle no... You're going to Bellgrande and that's final. Please bear with me, I can't afford to loose you. If anything happens to you, I will not survive it. So please go to school here "Mr McDonald said
"Alright daddy..."Michelle sighed in defeat "...I just hope everything will be fine"
"It will be dear. Just be a good girl and everything will be fine okay? "
"Yes dad"
"Good girl. Now let's go get you the things you'll need"he picked his car key and hooked an arm around his daughter's waist before leaving the office.
*** *** ***
"This store is getting scanty and scanty everyday. We have all the shoes and stockings here. "Chinyere complained bitterly.
"That's because we bought them all. And then, the cashier looks at us like it's strange to buy stockings every week to... "
"And shoes every month. "Ruby interrupted Patricia.
"......yes, shoes to slay. We shouldn't even come here again"Patricia said as she picked a tan top, shook her head and returned it.
"Yes. I know this really big store near my estate and I've been dying to go there. They have literally everything there"Ruby said excitedly.
"Hmmm.... "Chinyere picked up the same tank top that Patricia discarded and threw it into her trolly. "Let's pay for these and go there then"
Two minutes later, the trio walked out of the store with a bag in each of their hands. They had barely left the entrance when Chinyere bumped into someone.

"Excuse you!"chinyere scowled.
"I'm very sorry. You weren't looking at where you were going though "Michelle said.
"And who's this lost puppy telling that to? " chinyere folded her arms.
"It doesn't call for that young lady. We're all at fault here because you were looking at your friends while talking and we were looking at ourselves too. I apologize on our behalf. Have a nice day ladies. "Mr McDonald said and quickly ushered Michelle into the store.
"Can you imagine that? Just who do they think they are to talk to me in that manner? Imagine the shenanigans"Chinyere said in annoyance.
"They don't deserve even our anger, so let's forget them. They're just some poor fellows that want to buy something here for the first time"Patricia said.
"Yeah. "Ruby agreed and chinyere shrugged hesitantly before they hailed a taxi.
Inside the store, Michelle was fuming "if some random person could call me a lost puppy with you by my side then, what will the students in my new school call me when I don't quickly adjust to the school's system? "
"Are you upset because of them? Honey... They're just troublemakers, so don't fret"
Michelle just shrugged and picked a shoe from the counter, checked the price tag and returned it.
"Do you like it? " her father asked.
"no"she lied.
"Michelle olamide McDonald. I can tell if you're lying "
"Well... I like it. But it's forty one thousand naira just for a pair of shoe! I used to get my shoe for two thousand and I would wear it for two Sessions"Michelle frowned at her father who chuckled in amusement as he picked the shoe and dropped it in her trolly "take anything you want, no matter the price "
"But... "
"Have you forgotten that I'm Fola McDonald? A mighty billionaire " he raised a brow.
"To hell with principle and curtsy"michelle muttered and excitedly loaded her trolly with clothes and shoes and bags much to the amusement of her father.