030

july 7th, 2026
10:22 pm

BRANDON STARED DOWN in a mixture of despair and surprise at Sunday's unconscious body

The four were still in and near the doorway of the apartment that Sunday shared with Jeanette.

"What... What just happened? What the fuck is going on?" Rafael asked.

Brandon could feel his heart being weighed down with the sadness of his revelation, "Henry. He must've finally...."

The word was too sad to speak aloud but by the glum expressions on the people around him, Brandon could tell that they could understand.

"Poor Sunny." Jeanette said, her whisper being heard due to the silence around her.

Brandon began to walk to where she was still laying on the ground when a calloused hand gripped his wrist.

Brandon balled his tongue in his cheek but didn't turn around, "Get off of me."

"What are you about to do?" Aaron's voice replied back to him.

"I'm gonna put her on the couch, unless you want her to continue to lie there?" Brandon replied in a hard tone, still not looking Aaron in his eyes.

Aaron's grip loosened just the tiniest bit and Brandon roughly pushed Aaron's hand off of his skin.

Carefully, Brandon scooped Sunday into his arms, bridal style and then as soon as he was close enough, slid Sunday gently onto the cushions.

Brandon barely had time to straighten his posture and move away from Sunday when Aaron shoved him with both hands.

"This isn't what you want. Walk away," Brandon warned the slightly shorter man.

"Guys, don't." Jeanette said.

"How long was she cheating on me? Aren't you engaged? What the fuck is going on?" Aaron ignored her and then shoved Brandon again and this time Brandon, a little frustrated now, shoved Aaron back hard enough that he almost fell to the floor.

"Don't touch me again." Brandon spoke in a harsh manner.

"Okay. Okay." Jeanette replied, "This isn't the time or place for this so if you don't live in this building, you should probably leave now."

Aaron and Brandon glared at each other, neither of them wanting to be the first one to leave.

"Now! Do it now," Rafael interjected, "God, straight men suck."