Part 12

Mikey looked up at the boy, slight amusement in his eyes as he felt more tears fall from his face.

"Oh... Aki." Mikey mumbled, still caressing the boy's face. Akira sighed, trying his best to keep his emotions in as he'd always done.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry it's just-" Akira was saying before he was interrupted by the boy who was laying on his lap, the feeling of a warm hand leaving his face.

"Don't apologize for having feelings, Aki. It's a lot, I understand. But, Baji? He's going to be a great brother. He might be a bit rough to start with but he's loyal." Mikey spoke causing Akira to nod, beginning to calm down. Mikey smiled up at the boy, now using both of his hands to wipe away his tears.

"I know, I know, it's just- I hated these people my whole life when they've devoted theirs to trying to find me," Akira spoke causing Mikey to nod, understanding the boy's concern. The two didn't talk much for the rest of the night, Akira still running his hands through Mikey's long blonde hair while Mikey hummed a song he'd heard on the radio.

Neither wanted to leave the place of peace, they hadn't been a gang leader and a fighter in those moments, instead they were just two people, enjoying each other's presence.

"Hey... Aki?" Mikey asked out causing Akira to hum a response, leaning back against the tree they were sitting against as he stared at the moon, his hand absentmindedly twisting and tangling in Mikey's hair.

"Do you wanna go to the festival with me?" Mikey asked, his voice calm and relaxed as he enjoyed the feeling of the boy's long fingers in his hair.

"Mmm, like a date?" Akira asked, his voice still slightly horse from crying but he'd calmed down over the thirty minutes of silence and small talk.

"You did say we could plan our wedding." Mikey spoke causing Akira to chuckle as he nodded, muttering a small 'got me there'

"Sure, Ash. But I'm not crying again, that's a luxury." Akira spoke, a small smile on his face as he heard the wonderful sound of Manjiro Sano's laugh echo through the empty park.

"Well, I wouldn't want to ask for too much now would I?" Mikey asked causing Akira to smile down at the boy, the two locking eye contact for a few moments before tearing their eyes away. There was so much both wanted to say but this was their first time ever being in a position to say it.

"Akira? Can I ask you to do something?" Mikey asked causing Akira to raise an eyebrow and nod, looking down at him.

"When we go to fight Mobius? Please don't interfere. I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt because of me." Mikey asked causing Akira to raise an eyebrow, his hand freezing in the boy's hair.

"Mikey..." Akira started, looking down at the boy with a small smirk on his face. Mikey hummed out a response, suddenly missing the feeling of the warm hand tangling in his golden hair.

"I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt because I didn't do something, understand?" Akira asked simply causing Mikey to sigh and nod, understanding where the boy came from. Akira began to move his hand again, making Mikey smile and close his eyes.

"I've been fighting for a long time, Mikey. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but what matters is what you're fighting for." Akira spoke causing Mikey to nod letting his head settle into the boy's lap as he looked up to the stars. The boy got lost in thought, what would it be like to have Baji as a brother? To have a mom and dad that were really blood-related to him? Clearly, they cared for him right? They had to?

"Hey, fun-sized? Wha- oh..." Akira spoke, looking down at the boy whose chest was steadily rising and falling, his body curled his into a small ball. As he let out small noises while the boy slept.