Chapter 27

I packed two backpacks for Dream and I, we would need a decent amount of clothes to change into on our trip.

I left the cats in his room, it would be easiest just to come back here when the hour was up.

I hurried down the hall, in the black dress I now wore. I was hoping to see Karl or Sapnap as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to deal with small talk or worse. For people to ask about how I came back from the dead.

That is definitely not a story I'm in the mood to tell.

I reach the entrance to the garden and decide I might have a chance to find Sapnap there. So I go through the doors only to find someone else sitting at the table to my right.

Tommy looked up towards me, "Hey."

I rolled my eyes, "Isn't this a party for my existence? And aren't you the exact reason I didn't for a year?"

Tommy got up from his spot at the table and limped forward. I hate the satisfaction that that gave me.

"No, this party is a coverup for your husband's escape. So I don't think it matters who exactly shows up," he gritted out.

So Tommy knew, great.

I crossed my arms, "Is that all you have to say?"

"No, it isn't," he replied, "I have a lot to say to you. Starting with an apology."

I scoffed. "I don't want it nor do I need it."

He made his mouth a thin line, something he did when he thought hard about something.

"Let me rephrase Tommy. Your apology is useless to me. Do you want to know why?"

He stays silent so I continue, "It is because you had your chance. When I didn't know who I was, you chose to tell me a lie. You lied because you wanted to turn me back into that pathetic girl you thought you loved instead of letting me go."

I take a deep breath, "I needed you to tell me the truth and accept me. I needed you to accept who I fell in love with."

Tommy put his hands through his hair. "I called you hateful things, I am the reason you died and I lied in hopes to manipulate you into someone you weren't. I thought for the past two years that you betrayed Tubbo and I, that you didn't care about us and I was vengeful for that. I have no excuse for any of it."

"I'm sorry," he croaked out.

I stared with my eyes full of hatred. I could hate him for the rest of my life. God knows I could.

But then I think about my conversation with Sapnap. If I can expect forgiveness from him to Dream, if I can ask that of him, why can't I do it myself?

"I hate flowers because of you. Everytime I look at them, I think of you. I hate something so beautiful and lively because in all truth, I hate you." I say letting my words flow, "I want to live and see the world for its beauty. I want to look at flowers and not remember you."

I take a step toward him. "Promise you will let me go this time, promise you will let me be happy."

Tommy spoke, softly, "I promise (Y/n),"

Closure, that was what I was giving to myself.

There was once a man who let his hatred eat himself up, who held in his emotions. I will not let myself be that man. I will not let the darkness take away all of my light.

"I forgive you Tommy," I whispered.

I turned back towards the doors, leaving him behind. Leaving him to my past.

"Wait," Tommy yelled.

He ran up to me, stopping only a foot away.

"Tommy I really hav-"

"No," he said interrupting me, "In a couple minutes, fireworks are going to go off. It's a signal. A signal that they didn't find Dream and to take you instead, because they know he would do anything to get you back."

My heart was beating uncontrollably, I had to go. I had to run.

"Go," Tommy commanded, "Be happy."

I nodded and ran. Ran to the room, picked up my backpacks and cats and ran outside.

As soon as I got out, I could hear the fireworks.

Goddammit Sapnap. God fucking dammit.

Dream ran up to me, "What took you so long?" He asked in his worried voice.

I was still trying to catch my breath, "We need to go."

So we ran through the woods not stopping until we both decided we were safe enough.

I sat on the grass, setting down the cats while Dream took out a blanket for me to sit down instead.

We both layed down on it, watching the fireworks that still lit up the sky.

"Want to talk about it?" he asked, reaching for my hand to hold on to.

Tommy and Sapnap were not a topic of conversation I wanted to talk about.

He took my silence for an answer. Dream reached over and kissed my collarbone.

"Or should I talk about what things that dress makes me want to do to you?"

I smirked and lazily looked back at him. "You would like to have me here wouldn't you? Or was it a wall you promised me?"

I trailed my hands down his chest, feeling his heartbeat a little faster.

He reached down until I could feel his breath on my neck. "I will fuck you anywhere you want."

I take my hand to his hair and bring his head down to kiss me.

Then I whisper, "Maybe not in front of the cats."

Dream rolled his head back, laughing and plopped back down next to me.

I wish I could replay the sound of him laughing over and over again. I don't think I could ever get sick of it.

"Where do you think we should go first?"

I turn to my side, "A desert."

The thought of being next to water makes me sick and when I see Dream's face get dull, I think he understands that too.

He brushes a piece of my hair behind my ear and looks at me. "Ask me, ask me the question."

I gulped and looked away from him because it felt like his eyes were burning through me, like he knew every secret I had.

"Why did you stop fighting?" I asked, still refusing to look back at him.

He grabbed my chin, in a soft manner so I would look at him.

"Stand up."

As confused as I was, I did it anyway. I watched as Dream plucked a piece of grass and tied it into a knot, leaving a loop in the middle.

He then got up on his knees.

"(Y/n) (Y/l), don't think for a second I didn't fight for you because every last breath of mine was for you. All I am is for you."

He took a second and continued, "I might not be perfect, but I want you to marry me because I don't want to live one more day without knowing if all this time you have been my girlfriend or my wife. I can't promise we will have a week or a lifetime left on this Earth but I can promise you that I will be by your side until the end."

He smiled brightly, fireworks still booming behind us. "So, (Y/n) will you marry me?"

We married once for politics, but this time is so much more. This time it is out of the love in our hearts.

All I could do was nod as he placed the piece of grass around my finger.

I was in tears, I was a mess, but I was his.

Whoever arranged for me to be with him, I will be in debt forever.