Chapter 37: Sophie

I stood up and held out my hand. Keefe just looked at me strangely (I wonder why. Oh maybe because you just went temporarily INSANE! sorry, continue) before placing his hand in mine and letting me pull him up. And then I walked through the wall. 

Hahahahaha

Well, technically it isn't a wall. I heard Keefe gasp and smirked to myself. I turned and stuck my head out of the wall, smirk growing. 

"You-wha-how-"

I laughed lightly. 

"It's not a real wall. Now come on."

He walked towards me, pale as a ghost, and walked into the wall. I gripped his hand. 

"Shh. It's fine. We should be..." I paused, and then continued as we appeared in the dimly lit hallway. "Out."

He released a breath and we kept walking. I thought it was a little strange how there was no security, or anything, but I brushed it off. 

"Soooo," Keefe dragged out.

"Soooo," I answered.

"How's your day going?" He asked.

I stared at him incredulously as we walked. Then I answered, quite honestly, 

"We'll, no one's died yet."

His turn to stare. 

"Those are your standards?"

"Considering the current situation? Yes."

After about 10 more minutes of walking, I began to see a light. I squealed a little.

"We're almost out!"

We kept on walking, and walking, until we made it onto the beach. It was really high tide, so the water soaked out shoes. I stared at the horizon, and didn't even notice the figure who'd crept up between us until I heard them speak.

"Be careful Darling."

I started as Keefe stilled. And then his face flushed a little in anger.

"Only my mother called me that. You will not call me that."

Then she pulled down her hood. 

A woman with blonde hair. Blue eyes. 

Keefe's eyes. 

Y'all guessed it. What can I say? I can't make EVERYTHING a surprise. 😉

He stumbled back a step. 

"No no no no no no no no. You. Are. Dead."

Then he seemed to process what was happening, and simply asked, 

"How?"

She sighed. 

"Must I really spell it out for you Darling? I faked my death. I had to get away from that horrible father of yours."

Her lip curled in disgust, but Keefe only steeled his back and rid his eyes of the glossiness that had filled them only moments before.

She nodded approvingly, but Keefe ignored it, and asked, 

"What were you about to warn me about?"

She smiled. But it wasn't normal. It was evil. And all she said was, 

"Be carful Darling. The Devil has a pretty face."

He just glared at her.

"Now what's that supposed to mean?"

"Not important. Now you will both go back into your cell, right after I've bloodied you up a little."

She grinned at us, a glint of crazy in her eyes. Keefe stiffened. 

"No."

Her evil grin faded, and her features hardened.

"No?"

"No. You can take me however you please, but you will leave Sophie alone. I will do as you wish."

She looked annoyed, and very reluctant, but she slowly nodded. 

"Just...just give me a minute to say goodbye."

She rolled her eyes, but remained silent. 

Keefe turned to me, and I held my breath. I looked away from his gaze, and started chewing on the inside of my cheek. Keefe reached down and lifted my chin up so my eyes could meet his. 

"Sophie?" He asked breathlessly. 

"Yes?" I responded.

"I love you. I-I know this isn't an ideal situation, but I do. Do you love me?"

I thought back to my home, to Fitz. No. I could not allow myself to love him. I liked Fitz. I know that. I've liked him for forever. Right? I gently stepped out of his grip.

"No." I said softly. "I cannot love you. I'm sorry...I just don't feel the same way."

Hurt, pain, and sorrow flashed in his eyes, but then it was gone. And then he fell with a shout of pain. I screamed as I saw a dagger impale his calf. 

His mother grinned again. 

"Well, how touching. Goodbye." 

Then she was gone. Keefe with her. 

I watched as Keefe's blood seemed to stain the once crystal clear water, and silently vowed to get him back.

No matter the cost.

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkk! Was that good? Oh and btw don't hate me plz! Love you all byeeeee!