Chapter 55

I had no idea how I'd managed to get Lexi to run errands with me like this, but apparently, I was more convincing than I thought.

"Your musical taste still doesn't make sense to me," Lexi said in the car, on our way back from the library to her house.

We were listening to the Never Take Friendship Personal album by Anberlin. Did she have a problem with Anberlin?

"What do you mean?" I asked, a little worried.

"I mean, you listen to actually decent music."

I frowned, confused. "And that's wrong how?"

"Oh, no, no, it's not wrong, it just doesn't make sense?"

I shook my head, smiling. "Why? Because I look like someone with bad musical taste?"

"No, you're just in the football team and you hang out with Clark. You look like someone who's anthem is a song called Big Titties in My Mouth."

I snorted. "If it was a song, it would probably be Clark's favourite."

"Probably," Lexi agreed, laughing.

"I'm still hurt that you're saying I look like someone with shit taste. I'll have you know I have impeccable taste."

I was in love with her after all, wasn't I not?

Lexi patted my head like I was a good dog. "Don't take it personally, I've been wrong about many things about you."

"How can I not take that personally? You're saying you think I was a shit person," I told her, laughing.

"Shut up, I wasn't trying to be mean!" she whined.

"Pumpkin, how can you treat me like thiiiiiiis?" I said, fake crying.

She hit my arm, rolling her eyes at my antics. "I hate you."

I grinned. There was only one way to answer to this. "Love you too, always."

She didn't take my words seriously though. She never did.

"You look tired," Lexi suddenly said.

"You look tired too," I pointed out, smiling back at her.

"We have sleeping problems," Lexi remarked.

We. God, I was such a pathetic man. A two-letters word should not have so much effect on me.

"We do," I agreed, loving the way it sounded.

"We should sleep more," Lexi said, nodding a little.

God, what a cutie?  "We should." I chuckled. "We should do it together, you know, cuddle, very little to no clothing, you just stroking my hair telling me I'm pretty."

"I'm the big spoon in this scenario?"

"I'm allowed to feel protected too, okay?" I whined.

"You're such an idiot."

"Thanks."

I parked in her house's drive way and followed her inside.

We still had homework to work on, which was a big fat excuse.

I could do my math homework on my own. I wasn't that stupid.

But I'd jump on any chance to spent more time with my Pumpkin.