Chapter 17: I'm going to die

"It's never enough. I do this because I love but you either don't even notice or care." "Uncle... I heard what you said. What did you mean by that?" Please, please, please... I want to be so much more than some vessel... "What do you mean? What are you implying?" His eyelids lower to show a glare as he steps forward even more, reaching to grab my right arm. "You've been failing left and right, and this is how I'm thanked? And you don't usually eavesdrop. Tell me again what those people have been telling you."

"I don't know what else to say. They just asked about my past injuries and that's it. What more to tell-" He grabs my wrist but immediately lets go after a second and falls to the floor with a black liquid seeping out his nose and mouth. On instinct I kneel down and offer a hand as I have no idea how to help, but he just pushes me away. This causes me to fall backwards while he weakly gets up and enters his room. "No, no! I can hel-" But that nightmarish tendril forms from his arm yet again and strikes to my direction. By instinct my right arm shields my torso and my left arm shields my face to try and defend myself from the injury... I never would've expected he'd aim for my leg.

It's not just a scar this time but literally digging into my skin and flesh, almost coming out the other side. Luckily not piercing too deep and only made a shallow hole. The Emperor closes the door after retracting that pointy object, showing how little he cares. The shallow hole is placed on my right leg, above my knee and just on my lower thigh which just hurts worse. Though not fatal, the pain feels too much and I have to cover my mouth to stop my constant groaning.

I'm back on the ground and covering my wound still in pain. Feels like hours while enduring it but just now I hear that door swing open. "I- I need- I need it!" He says to himself while walking through the halls past me, probably referring to palisman. Not wanting to get up in risk of bleeding more by walking, I lay down fully with my head against the hard ground. I'll just stay here for a bit. I close my eyes while the agony doesn't get worse but doesn't get better either. And I feel the vibration of footsteps return.

"I'll get up. I'm sorry, I'll-" But I'm pulled back up by magic just as I open my eyes. It's not my uncle, but a guard. They were probably just told to get me. This guard walks me back to my room while ignoring my blood dripping to the floor multiple times. Maybe I'm gonna get beaten for messing up the floor too.

(How was this chapter?)