Chapter 15. Ghost Hunting

Daphnne had skillfully tied a flower crown, made out of daisies, hydrangeas, dandelions, and more. "Ta-Da!" She showcased her prized possession to the young teenage boy beside her.

"How does it look?"

Lucilline praised her, "It looks good! How did you make it?"

Daphnne felt quite proud. In the past, when she'd created these flower crowns and showed them to her childhood friend, Azalea showed no reaction. He merely nodded and looked away. When Daphnne gave one to him as a birthday gift, Azalea would just disassemble it. This only discouraged the heroine.

Now seeing Lucilline praising her, Daphnne felt quite satisfied!

"It's actually simple." Daphnne showed off. "You merely tie the stems of the flowers together in a dead knot, so it can't untie."

Lucilline showed an understanding expression.

"Here!" Daphnne placed the flower crown on Lucilline's head. "You wear it!"

She examined her new friend's appearance. Suddenly, she bursted in laughter. Lucilline was originally a gorgeous boy with delicate facial features. Now that a flower crown was added onto him, he appeared like he was the legendary Mother Nature.

"Why are you laughing..." Lucilline arched an eyebrow. "Don't tell me that I look ugly... no way... I'm usually so handsome..."

Daphnne shook her head. "That isn't it."

She explained, "Back in the orphanage, I would make these flower crowns for Azalea. However, that little righteous brat would always disassemble my hard work! He placed them all in vases... It felt like he wasn't taking my hard work seriously. That's why I was so happy that you look good in these flower crowns..."

Hearing that, Lucilline looked up at his head.

He then carefully took the crown off his head, "Daphnne, do you like flowers?"

Daphnne was confused. "Of course I do!"

"Then," Lucilline smiled, revealing his expanse of white teeth. "Since you like flowers, don't you want to cherish their every being? They look beautiful and pretty, but can be harmed easily. Azalea probably didn't want you to hurt these flowers, so he disassembled the crowns to water the flowers easier."

Daphnne couldn't fathom how her new friend managed to look beautiful in every angle. She listened carefully to his every word.

Lucilline disassembled the flower crown, giving each of the flowers back separately to Daphnne. "Don't blame Azalea for doing that in the past... Okay?"

Daphnne was stunned. She then smiled back, "Of course."

Even though she differed from Azalea a lot, she could now understand his actions. They were always so righteous and heroic. Her childhood friend didn't even dare to harm flowers... This put a smile on Daphnne's face.

For some reason, she felt like she gained a deeper understanding of Azalea.

"Oh, right, Lucilline." Daphnne remembered something. "Why are we avoiding Az now?"

Lucilline looked at her as if it was obvious. "He was going to get the both of you and him to ignore me. How could I stand that? I needed to get revenge, so now, I'm going to get you to avoid him with me."

Daphnne, "..." Why does this sound like some petty revenge... planned out by middle-schoolers?

"Don't worry." Lucilline reassured her. "We'll only avoid him for a day or two. You know, teach him a lesson."