Chapter Six- Seven Minutes In Heaven

A/N: hey, so this is practically a brand new chapter. I split the old chapter 6 in half and completely changed it :)

 "We can't have anyone else find out about us, Josh," I mumbled into his lips as he brought me down for another kiss. It was the following morning, and I knew it wasn't going to be long until Caleb came to pick me up, so he needed to leave soon.

"I know." He replied and pulled away so that he could start kissing along my jawline. My head tilted to the side on its own accord, and I felt myself getting lost in his kisses.

"I'm serious. No more flirting with me in school. If people find out about us, then it's going to be me that gets shamed while you get praised." I spoke softly, almost letting out a moan when his fingers dug into the side of my hips.

He pulled away entirely and looked up to me with his eyebrows furrowed. "Society is so fucked." I nodded my head, agreeing with him as he raised one hand to my face, caressing my cheek softly with his thumb. I leaned into his touch, taking an ounce of comfort I could get. "I'll make sure you don't have to deal with those snobs and keep my behaviour in check."

"Thank you," I said, appreciating the fact that he understood where I was coming from. "You should get going." I noticed that the time on my phone was nearing when Caleb usually came to pick me up.

He nodded his head and tapped my thigh with his fingers, gesturing for me to climb off his lap. I followed his request and threw my one leg over him so I could stand up. "I'm not sure if I'm going to see you over the next few weeks because of family stuff." He explained, scratching the back of his head after he had stood up from his sitting position.

"That's okay. Just text me if you need anything." Josh's mom had a brain tumor, and I knew that it was hard for him to see her like that at times, so he would stay here. Often they had family visits, and he would have to be there to help out, so that was probably why he was busy.

He replied by lightly gripping my chin between his thumb and index finger and leaning down for a kiss. It was quick and soft, nothing like we were used to. "Thanks, doll."

I bent down to the coffee table beside us and handed him his motorcycle helmet so that he could leave. He strapped it onto his head and grabbed his gloves out of his pocket before sending me a dazzling smile. His dimples popped out, making me literally swoon.

"See you around school, doll." And with that, he turned around and left my house. I stood in my living room for a few moments, trapped inside my own thoughts about the last 24 hours. It wasn't until I heard the sound of his motorbike start-up that I snapped out of my thoughts.

~

True to his word, Josh had avoided giving any sly looks that he often gave me. Even when we accidentally made eye contact, he would do a slight nod before looking away again. It was odd, but I knew that I was the one that asked for it.

I felt a gentle kick to my shin, snapping me out of my daze. The pasta that I had been swirling around my fork grew cold thanks to me swirling it for so long. "What do you think, Tay?" Caleb asked, looking at me expectedly for a reply.

"Hmm?"

"Are you coming to Jake's birthday party next week?" He asked when he realised that I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Oh yeah, of course," I replied and reached over for my water to have a sip. "It's at Jake's?" I asked. We were the only ones left at the lunch table as Jake and Chris had left to go to the library while Xander had left early to attend a doctor's appointment.

Caleb nodded his head up and down before slightly pushing his tray away from him, indicating that he had finished with his lunch. "His parents are away on the Friday but come back on the Saturday, so we have to make sure that the house is clean before they come back." He explained.