Always Flustered

Dream was cursed. Like, literally cursed.

For some reason as a baby, my neighbor hated my family so that neighbor turned into a witch or a sorceress or something and cursed baby Dream, me. Ever since I have been extremely cautious and extremely self conscious.

What did they curse me with, you may ask? Well, it only really showed up my 8th grade year. It was the first time I went on a date. I took a pretty girl to the movies and when she held my hand I got all embarrassed and flustered and I felt myself shift. Smaller and smaller until I became a little Dream blob. The girl screamed and ran out of the theater. The transformation didn't last long, but it was a curse.

My parents had to give that girl money so she wouldn't blab about me being a literal freak of nature.

That didn't stop me from continuing to go to school and learning how my, so called 'shapeshifting' worked. It was a process, but I tried my best to be able to control it.

After making great friends with Sapnap and George through the internet and becoming famous I had pretty much figured out how my shapeshifting worked. It only happened when I became embarrassed or flustered, because I would blush. Blushing usually triggered the transformation causing me to shrink into a small blob. The only way to transform back into myself was if no one was looking at me, and if I was fully in control of my emotions.

Confusing, but it was progress.

Except, all of my learning flew out the window when I met George.

I don't know why, but George made me melt. Every time he flirted, every time he smiled, when he laughed, when he joked, all of it made my heart melt. It was really difficult to control my shapeshifting when I was with George.

There were multiple occasions where I would be flirting with George and he would randomly throw it back, catching me off guard and causing me to shrink into blob form. And I can't talk when I'm in blob form, meaning, according to my viewers, I disappeared until I had control of my emotions.

A particularly embarrassing time was when I was filming for a "Minecraft but..." video.

"George. You're supposed to be getting iron." Sapnap complains.

George groans and moves his character across the blocks.

"Don't fight," I beg. "You guys promised you wouldn't fight."

"He started it," George complains.

I roll my eyes, "I don't care. I'm finishing it."

Sapnap chimes in while killing a cow, "We promised we wouldn't fight if you promise to not flirt with George."

"That wasn't the deal," I huff.

George giggles. "What? You can't go one minute without flirting with me Dreamy weamy?"

"I— what?" My cheeks heat up and I feel myself pulling away from the gaming setup. My vision shrinks below the desk and I sink into my now giant chair. My headset lay next to me.

I silently huff to myself. Now you've done it George. The muffled voices come through the headset next to me. George is laughing as he says, "What Dream? Can't take it when I dish it back?"

Not helping George.

"Yeah Dream," Sapnap retorts. "I said you weren't allowed to flirt with George, I never said he couldn't flirt with you."

They laugh evilly and I can hear clacking of keys from the other side of the mic. I hear the sound of my character being hit. I try to calm myself.

"Dreeeeeaaam??" George drags out the vowels. "Hello? Are you there?"

Sapnap laughs and I close my eyes, focusing on returning back to my regular form. My body stretches back, somewhat painfully, as I calm myself. I stretch my fingers as they return and pull my arms in the air.

"Are you muted? I think I scared him off," George mumbles.

"Dream?"

I tuck my headset over my ears and pull my mic right next to my mouth. "What?"

They both make scared noises and I wheeze at them.

After that moment, I promised myself to be more careful around George. It was difficult and there were some close calls, but that was the benefit of being a faceless streamer. Nobody saw your strange shapeshifting.

George and Sapnap decided that they wanted to come visit me in Florida for my birthday. They said they would stay for two weeks to celebrate and also spend quality time with me. I was excited, a little terrified they would figure out about me, but mostly excited. I just didn't know how I would explain it.

Hey guys! Just so you know, some fictional type lady cursed me making it so I shrink into a tiny blob every time I blush. Don't worry, it's completely normal!

Yeah, no thank you. They would drop me faster than I could say, "your mom".

Thanks for reading! I've got a great story ahead, so you should keep reading. :D

838 words