Chapter 15 - After The Storm

[ A/N: My book just reached 1K reads and 100 votes, and I still cannot believe it! Thank you so much everyone😭. To celebrate this fact, I decided to publish three chapters at once hehe :) ]

________________________

Two weeks later

With a Peyoung Yakisoba in hand, me and Chifuyu visited Baji's grave. Lighting up the incense sticks and praying that he's happy up there, we slowly opened up the noodles packet. 

"I bought you some, just like I promised." Chifuyu speaks. "But you said to split it with Suzuki-san, so you're gonna miss out on this delicious meal." He laughs.

"We're gonna eat it all by ourselves~" I tease, thinking of how he would retort back. 

As Chifuyu gives me the wooden chopsticks, we both slowly start to take a bite. Complete silence surrounds us with nothing but the sound of us eating. 

.

.

.

Drops of tears start to roll down my cheeks.. I can hear faint sniffles as I look beside me. 

"I thought we cried enough already." Chifuyu smiles at me with reddened eyes.

"I know right, I thought my eyes would've dried out by now." I give him the same expression. "Baji-san would probably tease the hell out of us if he saw us like this." 

We both chuckle, remembering how we were crying like crazy in the abandoned apartment, while Draken decided to give us our alone time and take everyone else away from there.

"You weren't lying when you said you were his favourite stranger, huh?" Chifuyu says to me.

"Of course! Though I wanted to be more than just a stranger.."

With a bitter smile on my face, I look at Chifuyu. "Saying thanks like that at the end.." 

"That's... not fucking fair...." He finishes my sentence. Both of us shedding tears yet once again.

___________________________

"Sorry I'm late!"

I catch my breath after running all the way from my home, when I realised that I was getting late on my way to meet Mikey.

How did this happen you ask? 

After the Bloody Halloween, I was bombarded with a lot of questions on what I was doing there, how I met Baji and others along the lines of that. During this time, I got to talk to the Toman members and exchanged contact information with most of them. Relating to the same grief they were facing, and also sharing happy memories.