𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟻: 𝙽𝚘 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚃𝚘 𝚆𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎

Sakura's POV

Sakura had spent the past 20 minutes walking back and forth across the, still broken, village. But many repairs were happening. As a matter of fact, repairs were happening quick.

If the villagers kept this up, the village would be rebuilt in less than possibly 3 months. However, the huge crater was going to be a huge deal.

Sakura was currently searching for Sasuke. She was told that he'd spent all night training so she wanted to check up on him to make sure he doesn't exhaust himself too badly.

Assuming he hasn't even eaten yet, she grabbed lunch and water to help keep his stamina up. He may be talented, but he still had limits. Even he knows that.

Sakura reached the training grounds and saw Sasuke breathing hard. His right eye bleeding badly.

"Sasuke!" Sakura shrieked as she ran towards the boy.

"Sakura..." He breathed out.

"Lay down, let me see your eye!" She said as she reached for his head.

Sasuke moved her arm as he looked around.

"I'll be fine.."

"No.. you're bleeding from your eye very badly. It's time you rest."

"I've been through worse.."

Sakura looked over at the obliterated village.

"We're all going through worse..."

Sasuke wiped the blood from his eyes and laid down for Sakura to heal it. He had a blank expression, but she had seen that expression way too many times to the point she knows he's hiding something.

Like right now...

"What's bothering you?" She asks.

Sasuke sighs. "Four years..." He responds. "We thought he was dead for four years..."

Sakura frowns. "I know..."

"I don't even think I shed tears for him when it happened.."

"Sasuke..."

"I don't know the reason to it. I didn't feel sadness, I felt angry. Angry at the fact that he went through so much trouble to bring me back, only to die a few days later.." Sasuke continued.

Sasuke looked over at Sakura. It was weird for him to show this much emotion so it was unexpected to say the least.

"Sakura... did we truly hate Naruto, even though he had good intentions..?"

Sakura's eyes went big at that. "I just think we were a bit too harsh."

"Bullshit, Sakura." Sasuke said as he stood up quickly. "A bit too harsh? How can it be just a bit when we thought we had driven him to suicide??"

Sakura stared at the grass. "I- I don't know..."

"Don't go lying to yourself..." A familiar voice had said. "You both know the exact reason..."