29. Lock The Door

My foot bounces against the floor as I wait patiently for Domenico to return to the room

My foot bounces against the floor as I wait patiently for Domenico to return to the room. After he walked away earlier, I came back up to our shared room that I decided to stay in and wait for him to get back.

The sun set hours ago now, I'd showered, brushed my teeth, wrapped my hair, and settled on the end of the bed with my hands clasped between my thighs.

I was worried, but maybe I didn't have a right to. This is his home and he knows it more than I do — he knows himself more than I do, but I can't help but feel... hurt over his final words before he left me in the garden.

When the door opens in front of me and Nico steps in, my back straightens and my head raises. He says nothing as he walks over to the vanity with a mirror and begins to remove his jewelry.

"Did you mean what you said?" I question lowly, watching him carefully.

He continues his actions but releases a soft exhale without even glancing my way, "About what?"

"There not being hope for the rest of us." His words have made my mind go into overdrive. He pauses in between him releasing his watch before removing it completely and turning with a grimace on his face, his head bowed slightly.

"I don't know." He says nonchalantly as he rolls up his sleeves.

I stand, "Nico, I deserve better than an 'I don't know.'"

"That's all I can give you."

"That's bullshit." I exhale sadly, "Baby, I understand you're hurting because of what your mom said but don't let that change the way you feel about life."

"Like you?" He arches a brow and crosses his arms over his chest.

The fact that I know exactly what he's talking about is what makes me freeze. When I was in my teenage years, I lost my dad to a car crash and my mind to a depression. Faith and I learned to raise ourselves considering we didn't have much more family left in Jamaica or here to take us in.

I did some questionable things in that period of time, to say the least.

It was the worst time of my life but after some sessions with an affordable therapist, I'd learned to cope.

My jaw gapes as I squint my eyes at him in disbelief. Part of me doesn't want to believe that he would disrespect my privacy like that, but the other part isn't even surprised. He wants to know who he's getting in bed with but he should've just asked, "You read about my dad."

He turns away and practically freezes, but remains quiet. "I know it was an invasion of privacy, Farrah, but —"

"No." I hiss, "You should've trusted me to tell you when I was ready."

He bows his head and nods before meeting my eye with sincerity deep in his, "I know. I'm sorry." My eyes soften as I see the pain in his eyes and I can't help but step toward him until I'm directly stood in front of him. He watches me carefully. "Thank you for trying to make me feel better earlier."

I pout and rest a hand on his, "I'm sorry I couldn't."

He watches me, eyes piercing into my soul as he lifts my hand to his mouth and kisses each of my fingers, "You make me feel better just by being here, and I'm sorry I walked away from you earlier. I just needed a bit of time to process."

"Four hours?" I tease and he smirks before kissing a specific finger once more.

"I apologize."

I shrug, "Well, you came back, so I can't be too sad about it." He huffs out in amusement before wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pulling me into his body. He pecks my forehead multiple times as I wrap my arms around his torso.

"I promise I'm here for you, Nico." I allow the words to slip from my mouth. He says nothing so I know to continue, "You've shown me so much patience and I just want to reciprocate, baby." His lips crash against mine and I don't push him away. If anything, I pull him closer, my fingers tugging his shirt.

When I pull off my shirt, revealing my bare chest, Domenico cradles my face with a smirk on his, "I thought you said you were going to sleep in another room."

I shrug, "I changed my mind. Should probably lock the door."

The moment passes slowly, his lips moving against mine with passion, his hands moving me to the bed. While I lay there, he stands at the end of the bed and pulls his shirt off. Staring at his tattooed abs, I take my bottom lip into my mouth.

His hands wrap around my ankles and he tugs me to the edge of the bed. I remain with my back on the bed as I stare up at him. He kisses my feet, my ankles, my calves, all the way up my thighs.

"Nico..." I trail off, trying to capture my thoughts but with no luck. "Please..."

And with that, he adheres to my every wish.

the way this man and i have been on ft every night this week (since like saturday) and he does this thing where he stares deep into my soul and take screenshots 👁️👁️

not me SLIPPIN - someone slap me and wake me up

and no, i am not in the smut writing mood 😭 i havent been in it in a HOT minute so maybe ill be back better than ever

also, i have a black love college book in the works and it might be a short story and i might actually publish it sometime soon