Chapter 61: Compromise

Tang Shishi's forehead was cold. After Zhao Chengjun put his hand on it, it seemed to be colder than her skin, and Tang Shishi shivered secretly.

In a hurry, Tang Shishi almost bit her tongue: "Master, why are you here? Du Juan, why don't you know how to report?"

Du Juan and others stood in the back, with a miserable expression and speechlessness. Tang Shishi also knew that this kind of thing could not be blamed on Du Juan, they were just al just servant girls, and their lives were in the hands of Zhao Chengjun, so how could they dare to fight against Zhao Chengjun.

Tang Shishi was grateful again that she had destroyed the evidence. She quickly recovered her expression, and pretending to be calm, she led Zhao Chengjun into the door: "Wangye, please come in. The little girl was resting in the house just now. I don't know how the prince is coming. She was so negligent. Please forgive me."

Zhao Chengjun just smiled, seemingly not suspicious of Tang Shishi's rhetoric. After he entered the house, he glanced at random and said: "I heard that Ji Xinxian invited you and Ren Yujun to a small banquet today. Are you unhappy with them? Why did you come back early?"

Zhao Chengjun's voice is not hurried or slow, it sounds very gentle, but every word seems to be pressuring Tang Shishi. She smiled and said, "I don't think it's interesting, so I just left."

Zhao Chengjun took a deep look at Tang Shishi, then turned and walked towards the next room. Tang Shishi was startled for a moment, and hurriedly followed.

Zhao Chengjun casually looked at the things on Duobao Pavilion, and said slowly: "I heard the maid who gave Zhao Zixun the wine said that you are dizzy on the road and can't stand still. Such a big thing, the person who is waiting doesn't even know?"

Du Juan and the others were shocked, and they all knelt down, their faces turned pale: "Wangye..."

Zhao Chengjun just raised his finger, Du Juan did not dare to continue to argue. Tang Shishi was a little panicked, she forced herself to calm down, and said, "Wangye, dizziness only appears occasionally, it's not a big problem. I didn't let them get a doctor. If you blame it, please blame me."

"You got it right, I can't bear to punish you?" Zhao Chengjun paced slowly in the room. He seemed to see something from the corner of his eyes and walked towards the corner.

When Tang Shishi saw his movements, her hands and feet were cold and her blood faded. She finally knew what Zhao Chengjun was looking at on the Duobao Pavilion just now, she was looking for evidence that Master Tang had hidden.

Zhao Chengjun walked to the brass beasthead incense burner in the corner, lifted the pierced stove lid, and picked up the dust with incense sticks. He smiled lightly when he saw the different gray in it.

Tang Shishi was falling into the ice cellar, her mind buzzed, and she couldn't respond. Du Juan was afraid that Zhao Chengjun would really punish Tang Shishi, so she hurriedly took two steps and kowtowed: "Wangye, Miss has been recuperating recently, and I don't know what cause and effect are right or wrong. All slaves and maidservants have misled miss. This is this servant's fault."

Zhao Chengjun threw the incense stick back to its original position, and said lightly: "Oh? To deceive top and the bottom, knowing but not reporting, these two crimes alone are enough to die."

Tang Shishi was shocked and looked up at Zhao Chengjun incredulously: "Wangye!"

Du Juan's face turned white instantly. Tang Shishi saw Zhao Chengjun's expression, like being struck by lightning, and her mind instantly became sober.

She knew that Zhao Chengjun was not joking, and what he said was true. Tang Shishi was flustered, and immediately raised her skirt and knelt down: "Wangye, one person does everything, the other person. I did something wrong, you have to punish..."