Chapter Three

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

WESTON LOCKE

"So then the guy turns around right," Theo holds his hands up as he scans across the table at us. "And he screams 'get off of my fucking property!' kind of like when Shrek shouts about getting out of his swamp."

My eyes flick to Valentina who was sat next to him, clinging onto his every word. "Mind you we were literally just on the street, nowhere near his garden. Then he goes back into his house and gets a chainsaw and starts chasing us down the road."

Valentina's mouth gapes open and I peek down at Micah who is watching Theo carefully. "Best believe it was some shit out of Friday 13th, I honestly almost crapped my pants. I think I did, I've never been so scared. American's are crazy you know."

My lips crack a small laugh as does Valentina, Micah looks down to his plate for a moment and back up to Theo. Narrowing my eyes towards him, something was up and I had no clue what.

I rest my hand on the back of his chair and rub my little finger against his back softly, he takes a quick look and stares back at me. His lips curving up into a small smile before turning back to the table.

"God, I would have died," Valentina leans back in her chair and shakes her head. "I love scary stuff but that would have sent me. Wouldn't it Micah?"

Micah blinks back at her suddenly and then nods. "Yeah you can't hack it when it's actually real life, movies are your limit because you know it's not real."

Valentina's eyes light up at my words, clutching onto her cup and wrapping her lips around the straw. "Literally, I can watch all the scary videos but ask me to go to a haunted house or some shit and I'd have a full heart attack."

"Don't worry," Theo drops his eye into a wink, leaning over to press a kiss to the side of her head. "I'd protect you."

The waitress waltzes over and places the bill down onto the table, before I even get a chance to reach forward to grab it, Theo's hands were on it. My eyes look up at him as he flicks open the book and looks down the receipt.

"Let me get it," he smiles around at us. "My treat."

"Theo," I shake my head towards him as I lean into my jacket pocket for my wallet. "We can go halves at least."

But Theo's head shakes like he was having none of it. "Nope," he says shortly. "I want to treat everyone, it's been such a good night and I'm grateful for all of your company."

Valentina beams up at him from the side, her fingers wrapping around his arm gently. "Thank you," she whispers to him.

"Are you sure Theo?" Micah asks from beside me. "The bill must have come to a lot, we've had like four bottles of wine and starters."

The corners of my lips curve at Micah's words, my hand gently rubbing his back.

"Don't worry about it," Theo leans across the table towards him. "We can just go out again."

"Thanks Theo, that's really kind of you." Micah says sincerely.

"Cheers man," I nod towards him.

"Pleasure is all mine." He grins at each of us before placing his debit card into the bill holder.

At the end of the night we part our ways, Theo drops Valentina home whilst Micah comes back to my apartment with me. My keys drop down onto my kitchen counter as Micah pull off his jacket and drape it across one of my stools.