✾𝟭𝟰✾

"Nezuko

"Nezuko... y/n..." Tanjiro wiped his eyes to keep himself awake. "I'll keep working hard, okay?" he asked quietly before he continued working on his journal. Y/n sleeping soundly in the next room. 

The leaves fell majestically on the ground. The grounds were lit brightly by the giant shining sun. The puffy clouds traveled across the bright baby blue sky. The mountains stood with pride and were mighty. 

Urokodaki, Y/n, and Tanjiro were all in the training ground. Tanjiro before Urokodaki. Y/n was standing as she leaned on the tree, observing how Tanjiro is doing in training. He look determined but the next second he fell on his back painfully. Y/n's eyes widened in a snap. Tanjiro then grabbed the sword and let out a cry, Y/n sweatdropped as Tanjiro was flung in the air by Urokodaki, in a sitting position while in the air. "Y/n, your turn," Urokodaki said. 

Y/n gulped. The last time, she almost manage to hit him but he caught her arm in the last second. She remembered his skin texture, rough. So whenever he's going to aim, she could sense it with her body hair that stood up immediately, just like a spider. Y/n took a deep breath before she pushed herself off from the tree, and went in front of Urokodaki. They both bowed before the training session began. 

Tanjiro was watching on the sidelines, watching in amazement. Y/n dodged a kick incoming from Urokodaki as she let out a cry and punched him across the face with a determined look. Urokodaki stumbled back a bit. "I did it!" Y/n gasped, the next thing, she was on the ground as dirt flew everywhere. "Not quite!" Urokodaki said. "Train harder! That wasn't even a punch, it was a pinch," he exclaimed. 

"Y/n!" Tanjiro called out as his heart had a jolt of worry. Y/n groaned as she stood up weakly and dropping down again. Tanjiro's eyes widened as he rushed towards her side. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?" he asked worriedly as he placed her arm over his shoulders and helped her stood up. 

"Y-yeah, my hip is just hurting," she told Tanjiro. Urokodaki watched the two talked before Tanjiro made a joke that Y/n chuckled at. How amusing, he thought. I wonder if they are a couple.. he thought again. "Both of you will have a quick break before you both have to swing your blades 800 times! 300 pushups and battle each other!" Urokodaki commanded before he dashed off. Y/n and Tanjiro groaned. 

"Nezuko.. we're home," Tanjiro and Y/n called out as they take off their haoris. Tanjiro then went to take a bath. Y/n sighed before she went towards the other bathroom to take a warm bath. After changing into new clothes and feeling warm, Tanjiro went to the table and placed a lantern on it to see what's he writing. Tanjiro painted his words skillfully. 

Today, me and Y/n did very well in training. I won the small duo fight, I think she allowed that happened because she feels bad for me. She is wonderful and amazing. I wished I could fight like her, not to mention, her hair is growing slowly and I can't wait to braid it like we used to back then. She looks so beautiful with short hair, but I love her in every shape, I wish I could just take her hand and hold it in my hands in a more romantic way but I know that I couldn't do that. She wouldn't want to get together with me. I'm not as perfect as the other men that had purposed their love for her. I'm just a friend. Nothing else. 

Y/n wore a new kimono as she opened the sliding doors to where she found Tanjiro writing. "Tanjiro, you're not going to sleep?" she yawned. Tanjiro blushed bright red before he let down his brush and looked up. "Not yet, Y/n-chan, what about you?" Tanjiro asked. "I was planning to, I was planning if we could both, you know, cuddle?" Y/n asked unsurely. Tanjiro beamed. "Yes! Of course, just let the paint dry first, then we could cuddle, alright?" Tanjiro asked. "Alright, oh, and, I've washed your haori and clothing so that you could write in peace," she smiled sweetly, Tanjiro's eyes softened. More reasons why he loved her. 

"Thank you, Y/n" Tanjiro beamed. Y/n blushed as she closed the doors. "You're welcome, I'll see you in my room," she added before she left. Tanjiro sighed happily before waiting till the ink was dry before he stood up and went to the door, opening it, and sliding it close before he made his way to y/n's door and knocked on it politely, no answer. 

Tanjiro panicked before he opened the doors to find her sleeping peacefully in her futon with an empty space beside her. Tanjiro broke out into a smile before he shut the door and walked over to the empty space and climbed on the futon, sliding under the blankets with her before he wrapped his arms around y/n's waist and he buried his face in her hair, breaking into a smile. Y/n felt the warmth from Tanjiro before she turned to face Tanjiro's chest and buried her face in his chest. Tanjiro smiled even wider as he sniffed in the scent of vanilla. He frowned a bit before he smiled again. How he missed your lavender scent. It'll take him a while to adjust. 

All he could feel right now was joy and happiness that she was there, sleeping peacefully under his arms as he protected her from any threat in this world that could ruin her for life.