54 | three more days

FIFTY-FOUR. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the next day was the finals of the spring nationals— ichibayashi versus fukurōdani.

seinaru had time off to herself before she had to go to the gymnasium later in the day. she walked down the streets of tokyo at eight in the morning, on her way to a coffee shop she'd read about on starstagram earlier today.

she would have asked a teammate to come with her, but she found out last night when she got back that the girls were out training with kasai, the vice captain.

she sighed to herself as she turned a corner. kasai training those girls was definitely going to be hell, but if that's what the vice captain thinks the team needs, then seinaru will have no words against it. admittedly, she had fun during the exhibition game. but that doesn't change the fact that the team was lacking in some areas. kasai training them will do them more good than bad.

the girl was wearing a thick gray cardigan over a white sleeveless silk top and a pair of white trousers. her feet were adorned in white rubber shoes.

she spotted the vintage themed book café. she made her way inside the café, the bell at the door making a 'ding' sound that signaled her arrival.

"hello, welcome to astra café. what may we get you today?" the barista smiled at her.

"an iced, ristretto, 10 shot, large, with breve, 5 pump vanilla, 7 pump caramel, 4 splenda, and poured, not shaken." she deadpanned as the barista's eyes widened.

she scrambled to get a notepad, "can you please repeat that?"

"i'm just kidding." the black haired girl shrugged, her humor dry. "a large black iced coffee."

the barista sighed in relief as she smiled while writing the order down. "and for your food?"

"three blueberry cheesecakes." she told the barista.

she paid for her meal and was told to go look around the books and borrow one to read while she waited.

she went over to the books section of the large cafe and instantly got lost in the covers. her eyes darted to the fiction section. she went her because she's heard they had rather interesting books about life and the like.

she made her way to the section, hands caressing the spines of the antique books with gold pleated labels.

she was about to take a certain book off the shelf when someone else got to it first. however, her hand collided with the other person's making her envelop the former's hand in her own.

she immediately looked at the person who got to the book first. her eyes met blueberry ones.

"sumimasen." she then blinked at him, recognition flooding her features. "akaashi?"