Chapter 11 - Bitch Switch

Rosé sat at her desk and typed away

Rosé sat at her desk and typed away. She had finished reading her book about a week ago and was just about to finish typing the last page of her paper. She couldn't help the grin on her face as she typed out the last paragraph. She had actually managed to write almost eleven pages all on her own. She knew they weren't 'A' worthy pages, but at least she would show up to her meeting and surprise Jennie with a finished paper. She felt this growing need to make Jennie proud of her.

She hit save and then print. "Done!"

After the paper finished printing she put it in a folder and then her bag. Rosé didn't like that she and Jennie hadn't had time to meet in the last two weeks. Jennie said they were now friends so they should be hanging out, but they were just so busy. It sucked. Rosé felt like time was running out and she wanted to hang out with Jennie at least a couple of times before she left.

Rosé got up and began making boxes to start packing up some of her stuff. She had other assignments to finish, but she was so burned out on finishing that paper and she needed a break. There was so much schoolwork to do. It was like every teacher had gotten together and decided to start handing out assignments like crazy. Plus, she had this move.

She had gone online and searched for apartments that were in Manhattan because that's the only place Rosé had heard of in New York. It was where the Sex and the City women lived and where they had that big ball drop on New Year's, so it had to be a fun place to live. When Rosé had seen just how much an apartment cost in that area, she figured she'd have to sell all her organs just to afford one month's rent. She still hadn't asked Lisa about being roommates and she made a mental note to ask her when she came over.

Rosé took her newly formed box and went to her bookcase to start packing. The bookcase had only a few books and she mostly used it to store movies, souvenirs, and other random stuff. When her box was half full, there was a knock at the door.

"WHO IS IT?"

"Lisa!" Came a muffled voice behind the door.

"IT'S OPEN!"

Lisa walked in and Rosé saw she was carrying more folded boxes. "I guess you don't need these then," Lisa said, "I found these in my garage and thought you'd need some."

"Oh, it's cool," Rosé said, "My parents brought me all these boxes yesterday."

Lisa piled the folded cardboard on top of the ones Rosé already had, "How much have you packed?"

"With this box, it'll be...just this box," Rosé said with a smile.

"Dork," Lisa teased, "So, I'm here to help even though I think you're jumping the gun. We still have plenty of time to pack. I haven't even started."

Rosé shrugged her shoulders, "I like the idea of slowly packing. Kinda like a long goodbye. I don't want to rush things last minute."

"That's kinda sweet," Lisa said. She picked up a folded box and assembled it, "Where do you want me?"