Chapter 25: Draco

This chapter has a couple of direct quotes incorporated from Deathly Hallows. I have placed ** next to these areas as they belong solely to J. K. Rowling, and are not mine.

TW!! - Torture and gore at the beginning of the chapter.

All rights of characters and world are reserved to J.K. Rowling
___________________________________

"Look, Draco, isn't it the Granger girl?"**

He looks up at his mother as he walks away from the Golden Trio kneeling on his drawing room floor.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
Granger, how did you get here?
Why the fuck are you here?
I... just lie. Make it sound convincing. You just need to give enough doubt again for them not to call the Dark Lord.

"I... yeah... maybe."**

His mother is looking past him at the three teenagers. He needs her to look at him. He needs her to know.

Mother please look at me. Please, I need you to understand.

"Cissy, what is... Who do we have here?"

He watches as his aunt takes in the scene, and the vast amount of information being thrown at her. Draco only hears snippets. His mind scrambling for a solution, any solution, to the utter hell that was his current situation.

"The Mudblood?"

He looks up at his aunt, to already see her glancing at him.

Shit.
She knows.

"Take these prisoners down to the cellar, all except..."**

He watches her turn her attention back to him as a wicked smile forms over her face.

"Except the Mudblood."**

No. No. No.
My fault. My fault. My fault.

"No! Take me, please take me instead!"**

Yes please, take the wanker instead.

The thoughts continue on a loop as he stands frozen, watching his aunt grab his witch by her hair, and throw her on the ground.

"Tell me where you got the sword! Tell me you filthy Mudblood."

"I don't know... I, I, don't..."

"Crucio!"

He watches as the curse hits Granger. Her head smashes off of the ground as she starts screaming up at the ceiling. Her whole body convulses as his aunt starts laughing and skipping around her.

This can't be happening.
This can't be fucking happening right now.

"Draco, take the scum away."**

Bellatrix points to the snatchers lying unconscious on the ground, but he can't concentrate. Not with the worst sound in the world making every bone in his body ache to drop on top of her, to cover her, to take her, and protect her from what was happening in front of him.

You didn't save her.
All that for nothing.
You are going to watch her die.
And there is nothing you can do about it.

"Draco."

He feels a hand on his shoulder, and looks to his right to see his mother staring at him.

"Move. Do as your aunt tells you."

The hand on his shoulder lightly squeezes. It is a warning. His mother had no desire to watch his aunt discipline him like she had seen many times before.