Chapter 3

A/N
Once more I want to thank Onecia4905 for voting. Enjoy this chapter.

Unedited 25/8/2021

Jesreen sat in her car and looked at the house for the first time. She double-checked the address more than once to make sure she had the correct house. A two-story building painted in pale earth color. It was not very big, but it was beautiful. Her mother always had eyes for beautiful things, just like herself and she was not afraid to work hard for it. She was going to plant lots of Lilly, Megan's favorite. Jesreen could see her little brother and sister chasting her baby around the yard. She and her mother sitting on the porch, watching them and enjoying glasses of iced tea.

The sun was high in the sky and Jesreen was getting hot. She knows at some point she has to go inside so she grabs her bag, later she will get the rest of her things in the car and go get some things at the supermarket she passed on her way in. She did not feel like stopping on her way in. She wanted to see the house and get somewhat settled in first. Besides the supermarket, there were two diners, a clothing store, an ice cream shop, a few more business places, the police station, a fire Department, and a church. Sunnyside was a small, beautiful town.

Jesreen just wants to curl up in bed and sleep, she gets tired easily these days, plus she was on the road all morning, stopping only once for a bathroom break and around a little after she left out at 7 am. She stood at the door with the key in her hand, not sure what to expect inside. 'One way to find out,' she told herself as she opened the door.

Everything was covered with a white sheet. Jesreen stood in the hall looking into the small but comfortable living room. Even though the house was locked up for a year and everything was covered up, she could see the beauty of the room. Then there was the dining room and the kitchen. The kitchen has always been the life of the house with her mother. Megan always allowed the kids to help in the kitchen. Thank God for that, Mel can cook for herself. She had to cook for her father before she goes to the diner she used to work.

Thank God for that too, she is a good waitress, so she made good tips. She was saving it so she could send herself to college. But now that the baby was on the way, she had to move away, she could not raise a child around her abusive father. Upstairs was a four-bedroom and a study.

Jesreen uncovered everything and before long the house looks as if it was not locked up in the first place. She was surprised to see that it was already 4 pm. Before she run into town, she unpacked the car, she enjoyed the fresh air. The sun was bright, and the wind was just right for an early summer stroll, something she and her friends should be doing. You won't find calm days like these in the city. She wonders if she will ever have the time for summer strolls in the future. Being a single teen working mother, she is not going to give up her dreams to go to college and become a Social Worker. She is going to give her baby the kind of life that her mother gave her, she thinks with her hand over her belly.

As Jesreen approached the supermarket, she decided that this is a start over for her and she is going to face it with a positive mindset. She made a mental list of things she was going to pick up in the supermarket. She was just going to grab a few things that she needed and come back when she is fully settled in.

The cashier was a sweet bubbly girl of about twenty.
"Hey, can't believe you did not call me. When did you get back?" She asked. Jesreen was confused until she heard a familiar voice behind her reply.
"Hey yourself, last night, and I'm already running errands already." With a hint of a smile in his voice.
Jesreen turns around with a surprised look on her face.

Kevin could not believe it was the beautiful sad-eyed girl from the motel the other night.
"Hi, how are you?" He could not keep the grin off his face.
" I'm fine thank you," Jesreen answered still a little surprised.
"Jesreen, right." Kevin held out his hand. Her hand was so soft.
"Visting or passing?"
"Non, guess I will be sticking around a bit."
"Kool, I will be seeing you around."
"I guess," Jesreen answered as she paid and collected her bag.

"Know her?" Jenny the cashier asked.
"I have seen her a few days ago at a motel I used to work. I did not know she was coming in this direction."
"She is beautiful," Jenny commented as she chased Kevin's things.
"With very sad eyes," Kevin thought out loud. Jesreen took back up residence in Kevin's mind. He noticed she was wearing jeans and an oversize blouse.